AFC North Divisional Matchup
Point Spread: Ravens -3.5 | Total Points: 46
Heading into the game, the Bengals are the Bengals are the 8th ranked team in the AFC with a record of 5-4. Against other teams in the Conference, they have a mark of 1-4. In their most recent game, the Bengals fell to the Texans by a score of 30-27. Given that the Bengals were favored by 5.5, they were also handed a loss vs. the spread. The over/under line for the game was set at 45.5 points, and the final combined total surpassed it with 57 points.
Coming into to this week’s AFC matchup vs the Bengals, the Ravens have an above .500 record at 7-3. The Ravens are coming off a 33-31 loss to the Browns. In addition to losing straight-up, the Ravens also lost vs. the spread as 5.5-point favorites. The over/under line for the game was set at 38.5 points, and the final combined total surpassed it with 64 points.
Cincinnati Bengals vs Baltimore Ravens History
Last season saw the Bengals put together a 2-1 record in the three head-to-head matchups between the teams. The two teams averaged a combined 40 points per game, leading to an over/under record of 2-1. Against the spread, the Ravens went 2-1. The Ravens had the edge in terms of offensive yards last season, averaging 358.3 yards of offense compared to the Bengals at 260.7.
The last three times that the Ravens have faced off vs. the Bengals as the favorite, they have gone 2-1. In the last five head-to-head games between the Bengals and Ravens, the average combined point total is 46 points per game. The over/under record in these matchups is 4-1.
- Josh Tupou – Shoulder (Questionable)
- Chidobe Awuzie – Knee (Questionable)
- Trey Hendrickson – Knee (Questionable)
- Sam Hubbard – Ankle (Questionable)
- Akeem Davis-Gaither – Knee (Questionable)
- Tee Higgins – Hamstring (Questionable)
- Chase Brown – Hamstring (Out)
- Devonnsha Maxwell – Knee (Out)
- Andrei Iosivas – Knee (Questionable)
- Charlie Jones – Thumb (Questionable)
- Devin Cochran – Knee (Out)
- Cam Taylor-Britt – Finger (Probable)
- Tycen Anderson – Knee (Out)
- Marlon Humphrey – Calf (Questionable)
- Tyus Bowser – Knee (Out)
- Ronnie Stanley – Knee (Questionable)
- Daryl Worley – Hamstring (Questionable)
- Morgan Moses – Shoulder (Probable)
- Kyle Van Noy – Groin (Questionable)
- Trayvon Mullen – Toe (Out)
- David Ojabo – Ankle/knee (Out)
- Ar’Darius Washington – Chest (Out)
- Nick Moore – Achilles (Out)
- J.K. Dobbins – Achilles (Out)
- Damarion Williams – Ankle (Out)
- Trenton Simpson – Concussion (Questionable)
- Malik Hamm – Ankle (Out)
- Andrew Vorhees – Knee (Out)
Keys To Victory: Cincinnati Bengals
On the offensive front, the Bengals are currently averaging 20.2 points per game, positioning them 18th in the NFL. With a passer rating of 90.5, Joe Burrow is 22nd at the position. This figure has come while throwing for 2208 yards and 14 passing touchdowns. A major reason for the team’s lack of offense is their inability to generate production with the rushing attack. Heading into today’s game, the team’s below-average number of rush attempts has turned into an average of just 74.8 rushing yards per game.
Keys To Victory: Baltimore Ravens
Lamar Jackson and the Baltimore passing attack come into the game ranked just 25th in passing attempts. This below-average figure has led to Jackson throwing for a total of 2177 yards on a completion percentage of 70.3%. Baltimore will need to continue getting receiver Zay Flowers involved, as he has caught 50 balls for a total of 545 receiving yards so far this year. A key to the team’s offensive success is their effectiveness on the ground. On the season, the Baltimore offense is 2nd in rush yards per attempt. This figure has led to an average of 154.9 yards per game.
- When looking at their past ten road matchups, Cincinnati has an ATS record of 7-3 while averaging 23 per game. The team went 7-3 overall in these games.
- Although Baltimore has a straight-up record of 5-5 in their last ten home games, they have not held up as well vs the spread going 6-4. The team averaged 19 points per game in these games.
- Looking back on the team’s last three games as the underdog, the Bengals have a straight-up record of 1-2. Their record vs the spread in these games was 1-2.
- Going back to their last ten games as the favorite, the Ravens have a straight-up record of 6-4. But their mark vs the spread was just 5-5.
Cincinnati Bengals vs Baltimore Ravens Prediction
- Baltimore Ravens 25 – Cincinnati Bengals 23