NFC Conference Matchup
Point Spread: Seahawks -6.5 | Total Points: 44.5
Coming into this week’s NFC matchup vs the Seahawks, the Commanders have a below .500 record at 4-5. During their last game, the Commanders came out on top against the Patriots, finishing with a score of 20-17. In addition to winning the game, the Commanders managed to cover the spread as 2.5-point underdogs. The under hit in the Commanders’ most recent game, where the teams’ combined total was 37 points. The line prior to the game stood at 40.5.
Heading into the game, the Seahawks are the Seahawks are the 5th ranked team in the NFC with a record of 5-3. Against other teams in the Conference, they have a mark of 4-1. The Seahawks are coming off a 37-3 loss to the Ravens. Alongside their 34-point loss, the Seahawks also suffered an ATS defeat. They were 6-point underdogs before the game. In their most recent game, the over/under line was 44 points. By combining for 40 points, the under hit.
Washington Commanders vs Seattle Seahawks History
Over the last three times that the Seahawks have hosted the Commanders, they have gone 2-1. As the underdog, the Commanders have performed well against the spread vs. the Seahawks, going 3-0.
- When looking at their past five road matchups, Washington has an ATS record of 4-1 while averaging 23 per game. The team went 3-2 overall in these games.
- In their last five games at home, the Seahawks have a straight-up record of 2-3 while going 2-3 vs the spread. The team’s offense averaged 20 points per game in these contests.
- Through their last five games as the betting underdog, the Commanders have a strong record vs the spread going 3-1-1. Their straight-up mark in these contests is 2-3.
- As the betting favorite, the Seahawks have an ATS mark of just 4-5-1 in their last ten games. Seattle posted a straight-up mark of 7-3 in these matchups.
- Braeden Daniels – Shoulder (Out)
- Ricky Stromberg – Knee (Out)
- Drew White – Knee (Out)
- Armani Rogers – Achilles (Out)
- Dax Milne – Groin (Out)
- Shaka Toney – Suspension (Out)
- Darrick Forrest – Shoulder (Out)
- David Bada – Triceps (Out)
- Saahdiq Charles – Calf (Out)
- Curtis Brooks – Undisclosed (Out)
- Curtis Samuel – Toe (Questionable)
- Jeremy Reaves – Knee (Out)
- Troy Apke – Shoulder (Out)
- Cody Barton – Ankle (Out)
- Drake Thomas – Knee (Out)
- Mike Morris – Shoulder (Out)
- Kenny McIntosh – Knee (Questionable)
- Anthony Bradford – Knee (Questionable)
- Joshua Onujiogu – Elbow (Out)
- LaTrell Bumphus – Undisclosed (Out)
- Andrew Whitaker – Knee (Out)
- Jamal Adams – Knee (Probable)
- Colby Parkinson – Biceps (Questionable)
- Jordyn Brooks – Hamstring (Questionable)
- Jaxon Smith-Njigba – Hip (Probable)
- Kenneth Walker III – Chest (Probable)
- Tyler Lockett – Hamstring (Probable)
- Jarran Reed – Tooth (Probable)
- Tre Brown – Toe (Probable)
- Charles Cross – Ankle (Questionable)
- DK Metcalf – Knee (Questionable)
- DeeJay Dallas – Shoulder (Questionable)
- Abraham Lucas – Knee (Out)
- Coby Bryant – Toe (Out)
- Dareke Young – Groin (Questionable)
- Bryan Mone – Knee (Out)
- Uchenna Nwosu – Pectoral (Out)
Keys To Victory: Washington Commanders
Before this week’s matchup, the Commanders are focused on improving their offensive scoring ranking, as they currently sit close to the league average at 21.2 points per game. Washington currently ranks 1st in passing attempts and has an average of 6.2 yards per attempt (15). With 242 passing yards per game, they are positioned 9th in the league. Even though the Washington offense is averaging 4.5 yards per attempt, they are a below-average unit in overall rushing yards. So far, the Commanders are 26th in rushing yards per contest.
Keys To Victory: Seattle Seahawks
On offense, the Seahawks have been one of the better teams in the league in the first quarter, ranking 3rd in the NFL. Overall, they are averaging 21.4 points per game (17th). Although the Seattle offense ranks just 24th in passing yards per game, they have been clutch in key situations through the air. So far, the unit is one of the league leaders in 3rd down conversions with the pass. On a per-attempt basis, the Seahawks average 4.2 yards while carrying the ball an average of 23.5 times per game. Regarding rushing yardage, they are 23rd in the league.
- Across their last five road contests, Washington has been good against the spread, posting a mark of 4-1. Their overall mark in these games was 3-2 while averaging 23 points per game.
- Across the Seahawks’ last five home games, the team averaged 20 points per game while allowing 25. Their record vs the spread in these contests was 2-3, while going 2-3 straight-up.
- The Commanders have played well in their last three games as the betting underdog, going 2-1 straight up and 2-0-1 against the spread.
- Through their last five games as the favorite, the Seahawks have an ATS record of 3-1-1 and a straight up mark of 4-1.
- Seattle Seahawks 24 – Washington Commanders 19