Non-Conference NFL Matchups
Point Spread: Buccaneers -1 | Total Points: 39
Coming into this week’s AFC matchup vs the Buccaneers, the Titans have a below .500 record at 3-5. The Titans will be looking to get back on track this week following their 20-16 loss to the Steelers. With their 4-point loss, the Titans also were handed a defeat on their ATS record. Going into the game, they were 3-point underdogs. In the Titans’ most recent game, the under bettors finished with the win as the teams combined for 36 points. The pre-game line was set at 37.
This week, the Buccaneers will look to snap their current four-game losing streak with a victory over the Titans. Heading into action, the team has a below .500 record of 3-5. Recently, the Buccaneers played and had a 39-37 loss against the Texans. The Buccaneers covered the spread despite their loss to Houston. They were underdogs by 2.5 before the game. The over/under line for the game was set at 39.5 points, and the final combined total surpassed it with 76 points.
Tennessee Titans vs Tampa Bay Buccaneers History
The last ten head-to-head matchups between the Titans and Buccaneers have gone in favor of the Titans, putting together a record of 6-1. When looking back over the last ten head-to-head meetings between the Titans and Buccaneers, the Titans hold the edge with an ATS record of 5-0-2.
- Through their last ten road games, Tennessee has an ATS record of just 5-4-1. However, their overall record was 2-8 while averaging 15 points per game.
- Across their last five home contests, Tampa Bay has a 4-1 record vs the spread. Their overall mark in these games was 2-3, while averaging 23 points per game.
- In their last three games as the betting underdog, the Titans have a straight-up record of 1-2 and an ATS mark of 1-2.
- As the betting favorite, the Buccaneers have an ATS record of 2-1 in their last three games. In these matchups, their straight-up record was 2-1.
- Sean Murphy-Bunting – Thumb (Questionable)
- Taylor Stallworth – Undisclosed (Out)
- Chris Hubbard – Concussion (Probable)
- Ryan Tannehill – Ankle (Questionable)
- Julius Chestnut – Hamstring (Out)
- Mike Brown – Undisclosed (Questionable)
- Hassan Haskins – Undisclosed (Out)
- Nicholas Petit-Frere – Shoulder (Questionable)
- Kearis Jackson – Ankle (Out)
- Treylon Burks – Concussion (Questionable)
- Caleb Farley – Back (Out)
- Luke Gifford – Shoulder (Questionable)
- Jack Gibbens – Shoulder (Probable)
- Anthony Kendall – Hamstring (Questionable)
- Azeez Al-Shaair – Ankle (Questionable)
- Daniel Brunskill – Ankle (Questionable)
- Shakel Brown – Ankle (Out)
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- Silas Dzansi – Undisclosed (Out)
- Vita Vea – Groin (Probable)
- Carlton Davis III – Toe (Questionable)
- Deven Thompkins – Non Injury Related (personal) (Probable)
- Trey Palmer – Neck (Questionable)
- Josh Hayes – Concussion (Questionable)
- Luke Goedeke – Foot (Questionable)
- Calijah Kancey – Quad (Questionable)
- Logan Hall – Groin (Questionable)
- Ryan Jensen – Knee (Out)
- Matt Feiler – Knee (Questionable)
- Russell Gage – Knee (Out)
- Jamel Dean – Concussion (Questionable)
Keys To Victory: Tennessee Titans
For this season, the Tennessee offense has an average of 18.5 points per game, placing them at 24th in the league. Thus far, Will Levis has found the endzone four times through the air, ranking him 16th among quarterbacks. He has also thrown for 500 passing yards, which positions him 37th at his position. Through eight games, the Titans are ranked just 16th in rush attempts per game. However, they have been efficient with these opportunites, as they are among the league leaders in yards per game.
Keys To Victory: Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Compared to other teams, the Tampa Bay offense is having problems putting up points, averaging just 19.8 points per contest. In terms of passing yards, Tampa Bay’s offense is 14th in attempts. Their average of 224.2 passing yards per game places them 15th in the league. If the Buccaneers are going to turn things around on offense, they would benefit from improving their numbers on the ground. So far, Tampa Bay is ranked just 19th in attempts and 30th in yards.
- In their last three games away from home, the Titans have a straight-up record of 0-3 while going 0-3 vs the spread. The team’s offense averaged 11 points per game in these contests.
- In their last five home games, Tampa Bay has averaged 23 points per game while allowing 23. The team’s record in this stretch was 2-3 while going 4-1.
- As the betting underdog, the Titans have an ATS mark of just 2-3 in their last five games. Tennessee posted a straight-up mark of 2-3 in these matchups.
- The Buccaneers have played well in their last three games as the betting favorite, going 2-1 straight up and 2-1 against the spread.
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers 19 – Tennessee Titans 18