AFC Conference Matchup
Point Spread: Steelers -3 | Total Points: 36
Coming into this week’s AFC matchup vs the Steelers, the Titans have a below .500 record at 3-4. The Titans are coming off a 28-23 win over the Falcons. While picking up the win, the Titans also covered the spread as 2-point underdogs. With a combined score of 51 points, the game surpassed the pre-game over/under line of 35.
Heading into the game, the Steelers are the 6th ranked team in the AFC, with a record of 4-3. Against other teams in the Conference, they have a mark of 3-2. In their most recent matchup, the Steelers welcomed the Jaguars to their home turf. But they suffered a 20-10 loss. The Steelers had a 10-point loss, resulting in a defeat on their ATS record. They were 2.5-point underdogs going into the game. The under hit in the Steelers’ most recent game, as the team’s combined for 30 points. The line going into the game was 41.
Tennessee Titans vs Pittsburgh Steelers History
Last season, the Titans and Steelers did not face off head-to-head. When looking back over the last three times these two teams have played, the Steelers have the leg up at 3-0. The Steelers also had the edge vs. the spread in these games, at 3-0. These games averaged a combined total of 46 points per game, leading to an over/under record of 1-1-1.
- Through their last five road contests, the Titans’ offense has averaged 12 points per game while allowing an average of 20. Tennessee posted an overall record of 0-5 while going 2-2-1 ATS.
- Through their last ten home games, Pittsburgh has an ATS record of just 7-3. However, their overall record was 6-4 while averaging 16 points per game.
- Looking back on the team’s last ten games as the underdog, the Titans have a straight-up record of 3-7. Their record vs the spread in these games was 5-4-1.
- Looking back on the team’s last ten games as the favorite, the Steelers have a straight-up record of 6-3-1. Their record vs the spread in these games was 5-5.
- Taylor Stallworth – Undisclosed (Out)
- Jeffery Simmons – Ankle (Questionable)
- Sean Murphy-Bunting – Thumb (Probable)
- Chris Hubbard – Concussion (Questionable)
- DeAndre Hopkins – Toe (Questionable)
- Ryan Tannehill – Ankle (Questionable)
- Derrick Henry – Ankle (Questionable)
- Chris Moore – Personal (Questionable)
- Hassan Haskins – Undisclosed (Out)
- Roger McCreary – Hamstring (Questionable)
- Kearis Jackson – Ankle (Out)
- Caleb Farley – Back (Out)
- Tyjae Spears – Ankle (Questionable)
- Josh Whyle – Concussion (Probable)
- Julius Chestnut – Hamstring (Out)
- Mike Brown – Undisclosed (Questionable)
- Anthony Kendall – Knee (Questionable)
- Shakel Brown – Ankle (Out)
- Minkah Fitzpatrick – Hamstring (Out)
- Levi Wallace – Foot (Questionable)
- Renell Wren – Achilles (Out)
- Damontae Kazee – Hand (Questionable)
- Cameron Heyward – Groin (Questionable)
- Pat Freiermuth – Hamstring (Out)
- Kenny Pickett – Ribs (Questionable)
- Anthony McFarland Jr. – Knee (Questionable)
- Alfonzo Graham – Shoulder (Out)
- Cory Trice Jr. – Knee (Out)
Keys To Victory: Tennessee Titans
Heading into the game, quarterback Ryan Tannehill is listed as questionable, and if he can’t play Will Levis gets the start. Overall, Tennessee is averaging 18.9 points per game, placing them 20th in the league. Compared to other quarterbacks, Tannehill is ranked 30th in passing yards while completing 62.0% of his passes. Wide receiver DeAndre Hopkins is pacing the Titans with 504 receiving yards. Overall, he has 31 catches on 53 targets. Through seven games, the Titans are ranked just 17th in rush attempts per game. However, they have been efficient with these opportunites, as they are among the league leaders in yards per game.
Keys To Victory: Pittsburgh Steelers
On offense, the Steelers are ranked 26th in the league at 16.1 points per game. They will need a strong offensive performance in order to pull out the win as 3-point underdogs. For the season, Pickett is averaging 190 passing yards per game through the air. This figure has him sitting 26th among quarterbacks. Pickett comes in with a passer rating of 80.6 and is averaging 10.9 yards per completion. George Pickens has been targeted 53 times this season and has caught 28 passes this season. He comes into the game with a total of 522 receiving yards. The Steelers are currently 28th in the NFL with 79.7 rushing yards per game. This has come on an average of 23.4 rushing attempts (25th).
- In their last ten games away from home, the Titans have a straight-up record of 3-7 while going 6-3-1 vs the spread. The team’s offense averaged 15 points per game in these contests.
- In their last three home games, Pittsburgh has averaged 17 points per game while allowing 21. The team’s record in this stretch was 2-1 while going 2-1 vs. the spread.
- Going back to their previous ten games as the underdog, Tennessee has an ATS mark of 5-4-1 while going 3-7 straight up.
- In their last five games as the betting favorite, the Steelers have a strong straight up record of 3-2. In addition, their ATS record was 3-2 in these scenarios.
- Tennessee Titans 20 – Pittsburgh Steelers 19