AFC South Divisional Matchup
Point Spread: Jaguars -7 | Total Points: 40
This week, the Titans will look to snap their current two-game losing streak with a victory over the Jaguars. Heading into action, the team has a below .500 record of 3-6. After a 20-6 loss to the Buccaneers, the Titans are looking to get back on track this week. Alongside their 14-point loss, the Titans also suffered an ATS defeat. They were 2.5-point underdogs before the game. In the matchup with Tampa Bay, the pre-game over/under line was 39.5. The under hit, as they combined for 26 points.
Heading into the game, the Jaguars are the Jaguars are the 3rd ranked team in the AFC with a record of 6-3. Against other teams in the Conference, they have a mark of 4-2. In their last game, the Jaguars hosted the 49ers. However, they lost by a score of 34-3. The Jaguars had a 31-point loss, resulting in a defeat on their ATS record. They were 3-point underdogs going into the game. The over/under line for their most recent game against San Francisco was 44.5. Finishing with a combined total of 37 points, the under hit in this matchup.
Tennessee Titans vs Jacksonville Jaguars History
The Jaguars are hoping to build off last year’s success over the Titans as they went 2-0 in their head-to-head meetings. The Titans and Jaguars split their games vs. the spread last season. Together, they combined to average 47 points per contest and finished with an over/under mark of 1-1. On offense, the two teams finished with similar production in yardage, with the Titans averaging 338 yards per game compared to the Jaguars at 325.
When looking back over the last three times these two teams have played, the Jaguars have the leg up at 2-1. However, against the spread, the Titans went 2-1. The over/under record in these matchups was 1-2 on an average of 37 points per game.
- Ryan Tannehill – Ankle (Probable)
- Sean Murphy-Bunting – Thumb (Questionable)
- Daniel Brunskill – Ankle (Questionable)
- Caleb Farley – Back (Out)
- Kearis Jackson – Ankle (Out)
- Treylon Burks – Concussion (Questionable)
- Hassan Haskins – Undisclosed (Out)
- Nicholas Petit-Frere – Shoulder (Out)
- Chance Campbell – Undisclosed (Out)
- Will Levis – Foot (Probable)
- Jack Gibbens – Shoulder (Probable)
- Anthony Kendall – Hamstring (Questionable)
- Eric Garror – Neck (Probable)
- Luke Gifford – Shin (Probable)
- Shakel Brown – Ankle (Out)
- Andre Dillard – Concussion (Questionable)
- Julius Chestnut – Hamstring (Out)
- Mike Brown – Ankle (Questionable)
- Zay Jones – Knee (Questionable)
- Jamal Agnew – Shoulder/ribs (Questionable)
- Chris Claybrooks – Commissioner Exempt List (Out)
- Jaylon Moore – Knee (Out)
- Tyson Campbell – Hamstring (Questionable)
- Parker Washington – Knee (Questionable)
- Leonard Taylor – Undisclosed (Out)
- Ventrell Miller – Achilles (Out)
- Cooper Hodges – Knee (Out)
- Christian Braswell – Hamstring (Out)
- Anton Harrison – Back (Questionable)
- Roy Robertson-Harris – Ankle (Questionable)
Keys To Victory: Tennessee Titans
Will Levis and the Tennessee passing attack come into the game ranked just 24th in passing attempts. This below-average figure has led to Levis throwing for a total of 699 yards on a completion percentage of 56.1%. Wide receiver DeAndre Hopkins is pacing the Titans with 591 receiving yards. Overall, he has 38 catches on 72 targets. If the team is going to put together a strong scoring performance, they would benefit from improving their mediocre yards per attempt figure in the rushing game. So far, the unit is averaging 4.2 yards per carry.
Keys To Victory: Jacksonville Jaguars
Led by quarterback Trevor Lawrence, the team’s 14th-ranked scoring offense will need to be on top of their game to cover the spread as -7 point betting favorites. For the season, Lawrence is averaging 235 passing yards per game through the air. This figure has him sitting 17th among quarterbacks. Lawrence comes in with a passer rating of 89.3 and is averaging 10.5 yards per completion. Christian Kirk has been targeted 71 times this season and has caught 49 passes this season. He comes into the game with a total of 624 receiving yards. Per attempt, the Jaguars are averaging 3.8 yards while carrying the ball an average of 28.2 times per contest. In terms of yardage, they are 14th in the league.
- Tennessee has a straight-up record of 0-3 in their last three road games, and they are 0-3 vs. the spread. The team averaged 12 points per game in these games.
- When looking at their past three matchups at home, Jacksonville has an ATS record of 3-0 while averaging 25 per game. The team went 3-0 overall in these games.
- Looking back on the team’s last ten games as the underdog, the Titans have a straight-up record of 3-7. Their record vs the spread in these games was 5-5.
- In their last three games as the betting favorite, the Jaguars have a strong straight-up record of 3-0. In addition, their ATS record was 3-0 in these scenarios.
- Jacksonville Jaguars 24 – Tennessee Titans 19