NFC Conference Matchup
Point Spread: 49ers -11.5 | Total Points: 41.5
Coming into this week’s NFC matchup vs the 49ers, the Buccaneers have a below .500 record at 4-5. The Buccaneers are coming off a win after defeating the Titans with a final score of 20-6. As 2.5-point favorites against the Titans, the Buccaneers picked up an ATS win. The under bettors were successful in the Buccaneers’ most recent game, with a combined total of 26 points. The game’s betting line was 39.5.
So far this season, the 49ers are 6-3. In their most recent game, the 49ers beat the Jaguars by a score of 34-3. Since they were favored by 3 against the Jaguars, the 49ers secured an ATS victory. The under hit in the 49ers’ most recent game, as the teams combined for 37 points. The line going into the game was 44.5.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers vs San Francisco 49ers History
In their only head-to-head matchup last season, the 49ers won by a score of 35-7. With a combined 42 points, the Buccaneers and 49ers surpassed the over/under line of 38.5. The 49ers covered the spread in this matchup. Offensively, the 49ers finished with 195 passing yards and 209 rushing yards in their win over the Buccaneers. As for Tampa Bay, they ended the game with 322 yards of total offense.
When looking back on the last three head-to-head matchups between Tampa Bay and San Francisco, the 49ers hold the edge with a record of 2-1. Not only does the team have the better record, but they have won in convincing fashion, posting an average scoring differential of 8 points.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- Josh Hayes – Concussion (Questionable)
- Silas Dzansi – Undisclosed (Out)
- Mike Evans – Quad (Questionable)
- Ryan Neal – Thumb (Questionable)
- Devin White – Foot (Questionable)
- Luke Goedeke – Foot (Questionable)
- Carlton Davis III – Toe (Probable)
- Russell Gage – Knee (Out)
- Matt Feiler – Knee (Probable)
- Ryan Jensen – Knee (Out)
San Francisco 49ers
- Drake Jackson – Knee (Out)
- Aaron Banks – Toe (Questionable)
- Demetrius Flannigan-Fowles – Ankle (Questionable)
- Colton McKivitz – Ankle/knee (Questionable)
- Samuel Womack III – Knee (Questionable)
- Danny Gray – Shoulder (Out)
- Darrell Luter Jr. – Knee (Questionable)
- Robert Beal Jr. – Hamstring (Questionable)
- Cameron Latu – Knee (Out)
- Nick Zakelj – Bicep (Out)
Keys To Victory: Tampa Bay Buccaneers
The Tampa Bay offense is currently positioned 20th in the league, scoring an average of 19.8 points per contest. In his nine games. Baker Mayfield has thrown 14 touchdowns, which is 5th among quarterbacks. Additionally, he has 2143 passing yards, placing him 16th in his position. A major problem for this year’s Tampa Bay offense is their lack of production in the run game. Per attempt the team is averaging just 3.1 yards per attempt. Overall, they are the 30th-ranked team in yards per game.
Keys To Victory: San Francisco 49ers
On offense, the 49ers have been one of the better teams in the league in the first quarter, ranking 6th in the NFL. Overall, they are averaging 28 points per game (3rd). A strength of this year’s team has been their offensive line, as they have only allowed sacks on 5.9% of the team’s passing attempts. This strong protection has helped the team average 248.7 yards per game through the air. Per attempt, the 49ers are averaging 4.4 yards while carrying the ball an average of 30.3 times per contest. In terms of yardage, they are 5th in the league.
- Across their ten previous road games, Tampa Bay has an ATS mark of 4-6. Their straight-up record in these matchups was 3-7 while averaging 18 points per game.
- Across their five previous home games, San Francisco has an ATS mark of 2-2-1. Their straight-up record in these matchups was 3-2 while averaging 25 points per game.
- Going back to their previous five games as the underdog, Tampa Bay has an ATS mark of 3-2 while going 1-4 straight up.
- Spanning across their last three games as the betting favorite, the 49ers have gone 1-2 vs the spread. Their overall record in these games was 1-2.
- San Francisco 49ers 28 – Tampa Bay Buccaneers 16