Non-Conference NFL Matchups
Point Spread: Rams -3 | Total Points: 44
Coming into to this week’s non conference matchup vs the Rams, the Steelers have an above .500 record at 3-2. The Steelers are coming off a 17-10 win over the Ravens. Heading into the game, the Steelers were 4.5-point underdogs. With the straight-up win, they also covered the spread. In the Steelers’ latest game, the under bettors were correct as the teams totaled 27 points, below the line of 38.5 points.
Through six games, the Rams have a .500 record at 3-3. The Rams are coming off a 26-9 win over the Cardinals. Los Angeles was favored by 7 against the Cardinals and notched an ATS victory. In the matchup with Arizona, the pre-game over/under line was 47.5. The under hit, as they combined for 35 points.
Pittsburgh Steelers vs Los Angeles Rams History
In the last three games between Los Angeles and Pittsburgh, the Steelers have dominated the series, going 3-0. This includes a convincing margin of victory of 12 points per contest. Across the last three head-to-head matchups, Pittsburgh is averaging 18 points compared to Los Angeles at 6.
- Across their last three road contests, Pittsburgh has been good against the spread, posting a mark of 2-1. Their overall mark in these games was 2-1, while averaging 15 points per game.
- In their last ten games at home, the Rams have a straight-up record of 2-8 while going 5-4-1 vs. the spread. The team averaged 16 points per game in this stretch.
- The Steelers have played well in their last three games as the betting underdog, going 3-0 straight up and 3-0 against the spread.
- In their last five games as the betting favorite, the Rams have a strong straight up record of 3-2. In addition, their ATS record was 3-2 in these scenarios.
- Anthony McFarland Jr. – Knee (Questionable)
- Renell Wren – Achilles (Out)
- Diontae Johnson – Hamstring (Questionable)
- Cameron Heyward – Groin (Out)
- Pat Freiermuth – Hamstring (Questionable)
- Nick Herbig – Quad (Questionable)
- T.J. Watt – Heel (Questionable)
- Alfonzo Graham – Shoulder (Out)
- Cory Trice Jr. – Knee (Out)
Los Angeles Rams
- Ernest Jones – Knee (Questionable)
- Ben Skowronek – Achilles (Questionable)
- Kobie Turner – Shoulder (Probable)
- Derion Kendrick – Non Injury Related (personal) (Questionable)
- Stetson Bennett – Non Injury Related (Out)
- Jason Taylor II – Groin (Out)
- Larrell Murchison – Knee (Questionable)
- Bobby Brown III – Knee (mcl) (Out)
- Ronnie Rivers – Knee (Out)
- Hunter Long – Thigh (Out)
- Kyren Williams – Ankle (Out)
- Joe Noteboom – Groin (Questionable)
Keys To Victory: Pittsburgh Steelers
On offense, the Steelers are currently averaging 15.8 points per game, ranking them 26th in the NFL. Pittsburgh is struggling to produce in the passing game despite their offensive line doing a good job of protecting the quarterback. So far, the team is ranked just 27th in passing yards per contest but have allowed some of the fewest hits on the quarterback in the league. When it comes to rushing, the Steelers are averaging 3.5 yards per attempt while running the ball an average of 23.4 times per game. At 80.4 rushing yards per contest, they are 28th in the league.
Keys To Victory: Los Angeles Rams
The Rams are gearing up for this week’s game, hovering around the league average at 23 points per game. This has them 12th in the NFL. In this week’s game, Los Angeles’ passing game is currently 6th in passing yards. Additionally, they are 6th in pass attempts, throwing an average of 37.8 passes each game. This season, the Rams have put together a strong offense despite sitting below the league average in both rush yards and attempts.
- In their last five road games, Pittsburgh has averaged 17 points per game while allowing 18. The team’s record in this stretch was 4-1 while going 4-1 vs. the spread.
- When looking at their past five home matchups, Los Angeles has an ATS record of 4-1 while averaging 20 per game. The team went 2-3 overall in these games.
- The Steelers have played well in their last five games as the betting underdog, going 4-1 straight up and 4-1 against the spread.
- Los Angeles has done well both straight up and vs the spread when favored to win the game, going 2-1 SU and 2-1 ATS in their last three games.
- Los Angeles Rams 24 – Pittsburgh Steelers 16