AFC North Divisional Matchup
Point Spread: Browns -1 | Total Points: 33
As the Steelers prepare for this AFC matchup, the team has an overall record of 6-3. This includes riding a current two-game win streak. Against AFC opponents, they have a record of 4-2. Taking a look at their latest game, the Steelers defeated the Packers by a score of 23-19. The Steelers covered the spread, as they were favored by 3 against the Packers. The over/under line for the game was 38.5 points, and the combined total points scored went over, reaching 42 points.
Overall, the Browns have an above .500 record at 6-3. Helping their cause is the fact that they are in the midst of two game winning streak. In AFC action, the team is 4-2. The last time Cleveland played, the Browns beat the Ravens by a final score of 33-31. In addition to winning the game, the Browns managed to cover the spread as 5.5-point underdogs. The over/under line for the game was 38.5 points, and the teams managed to surpass it, recording a combined total of 64 points.
Pittsburgh Steelers vs Cleveland Browns History
Last year, the Browns and Steelers split their head-to-head matchups, with each team going 1-1. The Steelers and Browns split their games vs. the spread last season. Together they combined to average 44 points per contest and finished with an over/under mark of 2-0. The Browns had the edge in terms of offensive yards last season, averaging 341.5 yards of offense compared to the Steelers at 320.5.
The last three times that the Steelers have faced off vs. the Browns as the underdog, they have gone 2-1. When looking at the last three head-to-head matchups between the Steelers and Browns, only 2 points per game has separated the teams, with the Steelers going 2-1 vs. the spread.
- Cole Holcomb – Knee (Out)
- Renell Wren – Achilles (Out)
- Minkah Fitzpatrick – Hamstring (Questionable)
- Kwon Alexander – Achilles (Out)
- Montravius Adams – Ankle (Questionable)
- Pat Freiermuth – Hamstring (Questionable)
- Alfonzo Graham – Shoulder (Out)
- Keanu Neal – Rib (Questionable)
- Diontae Johnson – Thumb (Questionable)
- Cory Trice Jr. – Knee (Out)
- Cameron Heyward – Groin (Questionable)
- Cameron Mitchell – Shoulder (Out)
- Daylen Baldwin – Hamstring (Out)
- Dawand Jones – Knee/shoulder (Questionable)
- Wyatt Teller – Ankle (Questionable)
- Ogbo Okoronkwo – Groin (Questionable)
- Greg Newsome II – Groin (Questionable)
- Pierre Strong Jr. – Hamstring (Probable)
- Alex Wright – Knee (Questionable)
- Amari Cooper – Knee (Questionable)
- David Njoku – Knee (Questionable)
- Grant Delpit – Shoulder (Questionable)
- Dawson Deaton – Knee (Out)
- Michael Woods II – Achilles (Out)
- Thomas Graham Jr. – Ankle (Out)
- David Bell – Knee (Questionable)
- Jacob Phillips – Pectoral (Out)
- Jordan Kunaszyk – Knee (Out)
- Jedrick Wills Jr. – Knee (Out)
- Denzel Ward – Neck (Questionable)
- Michael Dunn – Calf (Questionable)
- Nick Chubb – Knee (Out)
- Drew Forbes – Illness (Out)
- Juan Thornhill – Calf (Questionable)
- Marquise Goodwin – Concussion (Questionable)
- Ty Nsekhe – Bicep (Out)
- Deshaun Watson – Shoulder (Out)
- Jack Conklin – Knee (Out)
- Jakeem Grant Sr. – Knee (Out)
Keys To Victory: Pittsburgh Steelers
In what is projected to be a tightly contested game, Kenny Pickett will be looking to put together a strong performance for a Pittsburgh offense ranked 23rd in points per game. This season, he has completed 61.3% of his passes, leading an average of 179 yards per game in the passing attack. Overall, he is 26th among QB’s in passing yards and 20th in attempts. George Pickens has been targeted 62 times this season and has caught 33 passes this season. He comes into the game with a total of 566 receiving yards. Pittsburgh comes in with an average of 4 yards per rushing attempt and have an average of 25.6 attempts per game. In terms of total rushing yards, they are currently ranked 19th in the league.
Keys To Victory: Cleveland Browns
As the Browns prepare to take on Pittsburgh, they are looking to build on their success in the passing game. Dorian Thompson-Robinson will get the start for a Browns passing offense ranked 25th in passing yards per game on an average of 34 attempts per contest. The team’s top receiver, Amari Cooper, has caught 41 passes and has accumulated 715 receiving yards this season. A key aspect of the team’s strong offensive play has been their ability to run the ball. This year, the Browns are near the top of the league in both attempts and yards per game. Currently, the team is averaging 147.9 yards per game on the ground.
- Pittsburgh has played well in their previous three road games, going 2-1 straight up. In this stretch, they averaged 17 points per game while allowing 21. The team also performed well vs the spread at 2-1.
- In their last five games at home, the Browns have a straight up record of 2-3 while going 1-3-1 vs. the spread. The team averaged 25 points per game in this stretch.
- The Steelers have played well in their last three games as the betting underdog, going 2-1 straight up and 2-1 against the spread.
- Spanning across their last ten games as the betting favorite, the Browns have gone 5-5 vs the spread. Their overall record in these games was 6-4.
Pittsburgh Steelers vs Cleveland Browns Pick
- Cleveland Browns 18 – Pittsburgh Steelers 17