NFC East Divisional Matchup
Point Spread: Eagles -7 | Total Points: 43.5
Coming into this week’s NFC matchup vs the Commanders, the Eagles have an above .500 record at 6-1. After a 31-17 victory over the Dolphins, the Eagles are looking for another win in week 8. Being favored by 3 points against the Dolphins, the Eagles came through with an ATS win. Going into the game vs. Miami, the over/under line was 52. With a combined total of 48 points, the under hit in this game.
Coming into this week’s NFC matchup vs the Eagles, the Commanders have a below .500 record at 3-4. The Commanders played on the road vs. the Giants in week 7, but they came up short, losing by a score of 14-7. Besides their loss in the game, the Commanders couldn’t cover the spread despite being 3-point favorites. The pre-game over/under line in their most recent game vs. New York was 37. The teams fell short of this figure with 21 points.
Philadelphia Eagles vs Washington Commanders History
Last year, the Eagles and Commanders split their head-to-head matchups with each team going 1-1. The Eagles and Commanders split their games vs. the spread last season. Together they combined to average 42.5 points per contest and finished with an over/under mark of 1-1. The Eagles’ offense finished their head-to-head matchups with 332 yards per game of offense. As for the Commanders, they averaged 285 yards offensively.
Over their previous five games against the Commanders, the Eagles have put together a record of 4-1. Looking back over the previous three times that the Eagles and Commanders have faced off, they have combined to average 49 points per game and have an over/under record of 2-1.
- Milton Williams – Heel (Questionable)
- James Bradberry – Ankle (Questionable)
- Zach Cunningham – Ankle (Questionable)
- Jordan Davis – Hamstring (Questionable)
- Isaiah Rodgers Sr. – Suspension (Out)
- Shaun Bradley – Achilles (Out)
- Quez Watkins – Hamstring (Out)
- Cam Jurgens – Foot (Out)
- Bradley Roby – Shoulder (Questionable)
- Roderick Johnson – Undisclosed (Out)
- Justin Evans – Knee (Out)
- Avonte Maddox – Pectoral (Out)
- Cole Turner – Ankle (Probable)
- Sam Cosmi – Hip (Probable)
- Curtis Samuel – Foot (Questionable)
- Braeden Daniels – Shoulder (Out)
- Benjamin St-Juste – Thigh (Questionable)
- Shaka Toney – Suspension (Out)
- Darrick Forrest – Shoulder (Out)
- Dax Milne – Groin (Out)
- David Bada – Triceps (Out)
- Saahdiq Charles – Calf (Questionable)
- Drew White – Knee (Out)
- Curtis Brooks – Undisclosed (Out)
- Armani Rogers – Achilles (Out)
- Phidarian Mathis – Calf (Questionable)
- Troy Apke – Shoulder (Out)
- Jeremy Reaves – Knee (Out)
- Cody Barton – Ankle (Questionable)
Keys To Victory: Philadelphia Eagles
The Eagles come in with an average of 26.6 points per game on offense, which has them 4th in the NFL. Against the Commanders, Jalen Hurts will get the start for the Eagles. Over seven games, he has completed 67.2% of his passes and holds the 7th position among quarterbacks in passing yards. His passer rating is currently 87.8. A key aspect of the team’s strong offensive play has been their ability to run the ball. This year, the Eagles are near the top of the league in both attempts and yards per game. Currently, the team is averaging 142.7 yards per game on the ground.
Keys To Victory: Washington Commanders
This season, the Commanders’ offense is 18th rank in the league, averaging 20 points per game. Looking at their performance in the passing game so far, Washington is 19th in passing yards per game, where they have an average of 211.7. Additionally, their passing yards per attempt of 5.8 places them 17th in the league. Offensively, the Commanders would benefit from sticking to the run, as they are one of the more efficient units on a per-carry basis. However, they are ranked just 26th in rush yards per game.
- When looking at their past three road matchups, Philadelphia has an ATS record of 2-1 while averaging 20 per game. The team went 2-1 overall in these games.
- Across their last five home contests, Washington has a 3-2 record vs the spread. Their overall mark in these games was 2-3, while averaging 23 points per game.
- The Commanders have played well in their last five games as the betting underdog, going 3-2 straight up and 4-1 against the spread.
- Looking back on the team’s last ten games as the favorite, the Eagles have a straight-up record of 8-2. Their record vs the spread in these games was 6-3-1.
- Philadelphia Eagles 25 – Washington Commanders 20