NFC Conference Matchup
Point Spread: Eagles -3 | Total Points: 43.5
Philadelphia comes into this NFC matchup in the midst of a two-game losing streak. Currently, the team is 5th in the NFC and have a Conference record of 7-5. The Eagles recently suffered a 27-10 defeat at the hands of the Giants. Besides their loss in the game, the Eagles couldn’t cover the spread despite being 4.5-point favorites. In their most recent game against New York, the pre-game over/under line was set at 43, leading the under to hit with a combined total of 37 points.
Heading into the game, the Buccaneers are the 4th ranked team in the NFC with a record of 9-8. Against other teams in the Conference, they have a mark of 7-5. After a 9-0 victory over the Panthers, the Buccaneers are looking for another win in week 1. Heading into the game, the Buccaneers were favored by 4.5. Their 9-point win was enough to cover the spread. The under bettors were successful in the Buccaneers’ most recent game, with a combined total of 9 points. The game’s betting line was 36.5.
Philadelphia Eagles vs Tampa Bay Buccaneers History
The first matchup between the teams saw the Eagles win with a 25-11 score over the Buccaneers. On the point spread, the Eagles went in as the favorite (5.5), and they secured a 14-point win, picking up an ATS win. Before the game, the over/under line was set at 44 points, resulting in an under for the over/under result.
The last five times the Eagles have faced off against the Buccaneers on the road, they are above .500 at 3-2. The last three times that the Buccaneers have hosted the Eagles, the over/under record is 2-1, with the teams combining for an average of 43 points. The over/under record in their last three overall matchups is 0-3.
- Shaun Bradley – Achilles (Out)
- Charleston Rambo – Undisclosed (Out)
- Isaiah Rodgers Sr. – Suspension (Out)
- Roderick Johnson – Undisclosed (Out)
- Trey Sermon – Undisclosed (Out)
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- Ryan Jensen – Knee (Out)
- Russell Gage – Knee (Out)
- Calijah Kancey – Calf (Probable)
Keys To Victory: Philadelphia Eagles
On the offensive side of the ball, the Eagles currently hold an average of 25.5 points per game, which places them at 7th in the NFL. Jalen Hurts is starting at quarterback for the Eagles, and he has completed 65.4% of his passes so far this season. In terms of passing yards, he is 14th among other quarterbacks. His passer rating at the moment is 89.1. A key to the team’s offensive success is their effectiveness on the ground. On the season, the Philadelphia offense is 11th in rush yards per attempt. This figure has led to an average of 128.8 yards per game.
Keys To Victory: Tampa Bay Buccaneers
In what is projected to be a tightly contested game, Baker Mayfield will be looking to put together a strong performance for a Tampa Bay offense ranked 18th in points per game. This season, he has completed 64.3% of his passes, leading an average of 237 yards per game in the passing attack. Overall, he is 9th among QB’s in passing yards and 6th in attempts. Against the Eagles, the team will look to get receiver Mike Evans involved in the passing game. This year, he is averaging 8.0 targets per game, leading to an overall receiving yards total of 1255. At 88.8 rushing yards per game, the Buccaneers are currently ranked 31st in the NFL. In terms of attempts, they are carrying the ball an average of 25.8 times per game, which is 22nd.
- Through their last ten road games, Philadelphia has an ATS record of just 4-5-1. However, their overall record was 5-5 while averaging 22 points per game.
- In their last ten games at home, the Buccaneers have a straight-up record of 5-5 while going 8-2 vs the spread. The team’s offense averaged 22 points per game in these contests.
- Tampa Bay has done well both straight up and vs the spread when favored to win the game, going 3-2 SU and 3-2 ATS in their last five games.
- As the betting favorite, the Eagles have an ATS mark of just 4-5-1 in their last ten games. Philadelphia posted a straight-up mark of 6-4 in these matchups.
- Philadelphia Eagles 21 – Tampa Bay Buccaneers 20