Non-Conference NFL Matchups
Point Spread: Chiefs -2.5 | Total Points: 45.5
Overall, the Eagles have an above .500 record at 8-1, and they have rattled off three straight wins. In their last game, the Eagles hosted the Cowboys and won by a score of 28-23. Against the spread, the Eagles’ 5-point win was enough to cover as 3.5-point favorites. The over/under line for the game was 46.5 points, and the combined total points scored went over, reaching 51 points.
Heading into the game, the Chiefs are the 1st ranked team in the AFC with a record of 7-2. Against other teams in the Conference, they have a mark of 5-1. The Chiefs are coming off a win in their last game, where they beat the Dolphins with a score of 21-14. In addition to winning the game, the Chiefs managed to cover the spread as 0.5-point underdogs. In their most recent game against Miami, the pre-game over/under line was set at 51.5, leading the under to hit with a combined total of 35 points.
Philadelphia Eagles vs Kansas City Chiefs History
In their only head-to-head matchup last season, the Chiefs won by a score of 38-35. Against the spread, the Chiefs covered in the only head-to-head matchup between the teams. The over/under line was going into the game was 51.5 points, which the teams surpassed. In last year’s win, the Chiefs finished with 340 of total offense, with 158 coming in the running game and 182 through the air. On the other side, the Eagles ended the game with 417 of offense.
In the last three games that the Chiefs have hosted the Eagles, they are a perfect 3-0. In the last three games as the favorite against the Eagles, the Chiefs have put together a 2-1 vs. the spread.
- Cam Jurgens – Foot (Questionable)
- Nakobe Dean – Foot (Out)
- Grant Calcaterra – Concussion (Questionable)
- Shaun Bradley – Achilles (Out)
- Quez Watkins – Hamstring (Out)
- Jalen Hurts – Knee (Questionable)
- Isaiah Rodgers Sr. – Suspension (Out)
- Justin Evans – Knee (Questionable)
- Bradley Roby – Shoulder (Questionable)
- Roderick Johnson – Undisclosed (Out)
- Avonte Maddox – Pectoral (Out)
- Dallas Goedert – Forearm (Out)
- Boston Scott – Personal (Questionable)
Kansas City Chiefs
- Nazeeh Johnson – Knee (Out)
- Nick Bolton – Wrist (Out)
- Justyn Ross – Commissioner Exempt List (Out)
- Cole Christiansen – Hamstring (Out)
- Jody Fortson – Shoulder (Out)
- Clyde Edwards-Helaire – Illness (Questionable)
- Prince Tega Wanogho – Quad (Out)
- Richie James – Knee (Questionable)
Keys To Victory: Philadelphia Eagles
Quarterback Jalen Hurts will take the field as the leader of the NFL’s 3rd ranked scoring offense at 28 points per game. For the season, Hurts has the team sitting 10th in passing yards, even with a below-average number of attempts. Heading into play, he has a passer rating of 97.0. Heading into the game, the team’s top receiver, A.J. Brown, who, through 9 games, has 1005 receiving yards this season. A key aspect to the team’s strong offensive play has been their ability to run the ball. This year, the Eagles are near the top of the league in both attempts and yards per game. Currently, the team is averaging 129.7 yards per game on the ground.
Keys To Victory: Kansas City Chiefs
At 23.1 points per game, the Chiefs offense is ranked 12th in the league. Kansas City currently ranks 5th in passing attempts and has an average of 7 yards per attempt (8). With 264.9 passing yards per game, they are positioned 5th in the league. This season, the Chiefs have put together a strong offense despite sitting below the league average in both rush yards and attempts.
- Across the Eagles’ last ten road games, the team averaged 27 points per game while allowing 21. Their record vs the spread in these contests was 4-5-1 while going 8-2 straight-up.
- Across the Chiefs’ last three home games, the team averaged 19 points per game while allowing 21. Their record vs the spread in these contests was 1-2, while going 2-1 straight-up.
- Looking back on the team’s last ten games as the underdog, the Eagles have a straight-up record of 1-9. Their record vs the spread in these games was 2-8.
- The Chiefs have played well in their last three games as the betting favorite, going 2-1 straight up and 2-1 against the spread.
- Kansas City Chiefs 27 – Philadelphia Eagles 24