AFC East Divisional Matchup
Point Spread: Bills -7 | Total Points: 40
This week, the Jets will look to snap their current two-game losing streak with a victory over the Bills. Heading into action, the team has a below .500 record of 4-5. Recently, the Jets took a 16-12 loss against the Raiders. In addition to losing straight-up, the Jets also lost vs. the spread as 0.5-point favorites. The pre-game over/under line in their most recent game vs. Las Vegas was 35.5. The teams fell short of this figure with 28 points.
Like the Jets, the Bills head into this game having lost two straight games. Heading into action, the team has a .500 record of 5-5. Taking a look at their last game, the Bills suffered a 24-22 loss to the Broncos. Besides their loss in the game, the Bills couldn’t cover the spread despite being 7.5-point favorites. The under bettors were successful in the Bills’ most recent game, with a combined total of 46 points. The game’s betting line was 47.5.
New York Jets vs Buffalo Bills History
Last year, the Bills and Jets split their head-to-head matchups, with each team going 1-1. Against the spread, the Jets went 2-0, while the over/under record in these games was 0-2 on an average of 34.5 points per game. In these head-to-head matchups, the Jets’ offense averaged 309.5 yards per game compared to the Bills at 274.5.
In the last five head-to-head matchups, the Bills have had the upper hand, going 3-2. Going back to the last five head-to-head games between the Bills and Jets, the over/under record in these games is 1-4 with a combined average of 41 points per contest.
New York Jets
- Sam Eguavoen – Hip (Questionable)
- Justin Hardee – Hamstring (Out)
- Chuck Clark – Knee (Out)
- Ifeadi Odenigbo – Undisclosed (Out)
- Al Woods – Achilles (Out)
- Aaron Rodgers – Achilles (Out)
- Duane Brown – Shoulder/hip (Questionable)
- Billy Turner – Finger (Questionable)
- Wes Schweitzer – Calf (Out)
- Connor McGovern – Knee (Out)
- Kenny Yeboah – Hamstring (Questionable)
- Bradlee Anae – Undisclosed (Out)
- Chazz Surratt – Ankle (Questionable)
- Alijah Vera-Tucker – Achilles (Out)
- John Franklin-Myers – Knee (Probable)
- Mekhi Becton – Knee (Questionable)
- Garrett Wilson – Elbow (Questionable)
- Quincy Williams – Knee (Probable)
- Will McDonald IV – Ankle (Questionable)
- Jordan Phillips – Knee (Questionable)
- Trent Sherfield – Ankle (Questionable)
- Cam Lewis – Shoulder (Questionable)
- Dorian Williams – Knee (Questionable)
- Christian Benford – Hamstring (Questionable)
- Justin Shorter – Hamstring (Out)
- Zach Davidson – Knee (Out)
- Kameron Cline – Undisclosed (Out)
- Tommy Doyle – Knee (Out)
- Kaiir Elam – Ankle (Out)
- Dawson Knox – Wrist (Out)
- Damien Harris – Neck (Out)
- Matt Milano – Lower Leg (Out)
- Nyheim Hines – Knee (Out)
- DaQuan Jones – Pectoral (Out)
- Micah Hyde – Neck (Questionable)
- Tre’Davious White – Achilles (Out)
Keys To Victory: New York Jets
Regarding their offense, the Jets have an average of 16 points per game, which places them 27th in the NFL. Zach Wilson starts as quarterback for the Jets. Currently, he has completed 59.8% of his passes and holds the 22nd rank among quarterbacks in passing yards. His current passer rating is 74.6. If the Jets are going to turn things around on offense, they would benefit from improving their numbers on the ground. So far, New York is ranked just 29th in attempts and 17th in yards.
Keys To Victory: Buffalo Bills
Offensively, the Bills have an average of 26.2 points per game, which is 7th in the NFL. Buffalo will look to continue executing well in the passing attack, as they currently ranked 7th in the league in yards per game. This has come while dropping back to pass at a rate of 35 times per contest. With 116.5 rushing yards per game, the Bills hold the 12th spot in the NFL. This average is coming on an average of 25.4 rushing attempts (19th).
- In their last three games away from home, the Jets have a straight-up record of 2-1 while going 1-1-1 vs the spread. The team’s offense averaged 18 points per game in these contests.
- In their last five games at home, the Bills have a straight-up record of 2-3 while going 2-3 vs the spread. The team’s offense averaged 26 points per game in these contests.
- In their last five games as the betting underdog, the Jets have a straight-up record of 2-3 and an ATS mark of 3-2.
- Looking back on the team’s last ten games as the favorite, the Bills have a straight up record of 5-5. Their record vs the spread in these games was 3-7.
New York Jets vs Buffalo Bills Pick
- Buffalo Bills 29 – New York Jets 17