NFC East Divisional Matchup
Point Spread: Commanders -9 | Total Points: 37
This week, the Giants will look to snap their current three-game losing streak with a victory over the Commanders. Heading into action, the team has a below .500 record of 2-8. In their most recent game, the Giants fell to the Cowboys by a score of 49-17. In addition to their 32-point loss, the Giants also lost vs. the spread. They were 17.5-point underdogs heading into the game. The team, in conjunction with Dallas, combined for 66 points, surpassing the over/under line of 38.5.
Coming into this week’s NFC matchup vs the Giants, the Commanders have a below .500 record at 4-6. Taking a look at their last game, the Commanders suffered a 29-26 loss to the Seahawks. Despite their defeat against Seattle, the Commanders managed to cover the spread as 5.5-point underdogs in that game. With an over/under line of 44 points, the game saw a total of 55 points, going over the set line.
New York Giants vs Washington Commanders History
Last season, the Giants and Commanders met up two times, with the Giants going 1-0-1. Against the spread, the Giants went 1-0-1, while the over/under record in these games was 0-2 on an average of 36 points per game. The Commanders had the edge in terms of offensive yards last season, averaging 399 yards of offense compared to the Giants at 302.
But over the last three times playing each other, the Giants have a record of 2-0-1. The Giants also had the edge vs. the spread in these games, at 3-0. These games averaged a combined total of 31 points per game, leading to an over/under record of 0-3.
New York Giants
- Jalin Hyatt – Concussion (Questionable)
- Deonte Banks – Ankle (Questionable)
- Bryce Ford-Wheaton – Knee (Out)
- Saquon Barkley – Ankle (Questionable)
- Bobby Okereke – Hip (Questionable)
- Xavier McKinney – Rib (Questionable)
- Tommy Devito – Left Shoulder (Questionable)
- Jason Pinnock – Thumb/ankle (Questionable)
- Wan’Dale Robinson – Knee (Questionable)
- Aaron Robinson – Knee (Out)
- Eric Gray – Calf (Out)
- Joshua Ezeudu – Toe (Out)
- Kayvon Thibodeaux – Concussion (Questionable)
- Evan Neal – Ankle (Questionable)
- Cor’Dale Flott – Shoulder (Questionable)
- Gary Brightwell – Hamstring (Out)
- Deon Jackson – Concussion (Probable)
- Matt Peart – Shoulder (Out)
- Shane Lemieux – Biceps/groin (Out)
- Andrew Thomas – Knee (Questionable)
- Jarrad Davis – Knee (Out)
- Adoree’ Jackson – Concussion (Questionable)
- Darren Waller – Hamstring (Out)
- Tyrod Taylor – Ribs (Out)
- Graham Gano – Knee (Out)
- Tommy Sweeney – Illness (Out)
- J.C. Hassenauer – Triceps (Out)
- Daniel Jones – Knee (Out)
- Drew White – Knee (Out)
- Curtis Brooks – Undisclosed (Out)
- Armani Rogers – Achilles (Out)
- Ricky Stromberg – Knee (Out)
- Braeden Daniels – Shoulder (Out)
- Antonio Gibson – Toe (Questionable)
- Curtis Samuel – Toe (Questionable)
- Benjamin St-Juste – Illness (Questionable)
- Darrick Forrest – Shoulder (Out)
- Shaka Toney – Suspension (Out)
- Dax Milne – Groin (Out)
- David Bada – Triceps (Out)
- Saahdiq Charles – Calf (Out)
- James Smith-Williams – Hamstring (Questionable)
- Alex Armah – Hamstring (Questionable)
- Troy Apke – Shoulder (Out)
- Cody Barton – Ankle (Out)
- Jeremy Reaves – Knee (Out)
Keys To Victory: New York Giants
On offense, the Giants are currently averaging 11.8 points per game, ranking them 29th in the NFL. In the passing attack, the Giants have put together a strong completion percentage of 65.1%. Yet, this has not translated into yards, as they have a per-game average of just 145.6. The Giants hold the 13th position in the NFL with 113.6 rushing yards per game. This average has come on an average of 29 rushing attempts (9th).
Keys To Victory: Washington Commanders
At home, the Commanders are averaging 18.5 points per contest compared to their overall numbers of 21.7 points per game. In the league, Washington is 15th in overall scoring. Sam Howell is the starting quarterback for the Commanders in this game. Across 10 games, he has completed 66.5% of his passes and holds the 1st position among quarterbacks in passing yards. His passer rating stands at 91.5. The Washington offense is performing well in large part to their ability to be efficient with their opportunities in the run game, averaging 4.5 yards per attempt on the ground.
- Through their last three road contests, the Giants’ offense has averaged 10 points per game while allowing an average of 31. New York posted an overall record of 0-3 while going 1-2 ATS.
- Across their last five home contests, Washington has a 4-1 record vs the spread. Their overall mark in these games was 2-3, while averaging 21 points per game.
- Looking back on the team’s last ten games as the underdog, the Giants have a straight-up record of 1-9. Their record vs the spread in these games was 2-7-1.
- In their last three games as the betting favorite, the Commanders have a straight-up record of 1-2 and an ATS mark of 0-3.
New York Giants vs Washington Commanders Pick
- Washington Commanders 21 – New York Giants 17