NFC North Divisional Matchup
Point Spread: Vikings -1.5 | Total Points: 41.5
Coming into this week 8 NFC matchup, the Vikings are in the middle of a two-game winning streak but still have a below .500 record of 3-4. In the most recent game they played, the Vikings picked up a win over the 49ers by a score of 22-17. The Vikings not only won straight-up but also covered the spread as 7-point underdogs. The pre-game over/under line in their most recent game vs. San Francisco was 44. The teams fell short of this figure with 39 points.
This week, the Packers will look to snap their current three-game losing streak with a victory over the Vikings. Heading into action, the team has a below .500 record of 2-4. Taking a look at their last game, the Packers suffered a 19-17 loss to the Broncos. In addition to their 2-point loss, the Packers also lost vs. the spread. They were 1.5-point underdogs heading into the game. The under hit in the Packers’ most recent game, where the teams’ combined total was 36 points. The line prior to the game stood at 44.
Minnesota Vikings vs Green Bay Packers History
Last year, the Vikings and Packers split their head-to-head matchups with each team going 1-1. The Vikings and Packers split their games vs. the spread last season. Together, they combined to average 44 points per contest and finished with an over/under mark of 1-1. The Vikings’ offense finished their head-to-head matchups with 370.5 yards per game of offense. As for the Packers, they averaged 326.5 yards offensively.
Last season, the Vikings and Packers did not face off head-to-head. When looking back over the last three times these two teams have played, the Packers have the leg up at 2-1. The Packers also had the edge vs. the spread in these games, at 2-1. These games averaged a combined total of 44 points per game, leading to an over/under record of 2-1.
- Olisaemeka Udoh – Quad (Out)
- James Lynch – Knee (Out)
- Justin Jefferson – Hamstring (Out)
- Marcus Davenport – Ankle (Out)
- Nick Mullens – Back (Out)
- Chris Reed – Lower Leg (Out)
- Jalen Nailor – Hamstring (Questionable)
- Ezra Cleveland – Foot (Questionable)
- T.J. Hockenson – Foot (Questionable)
- Brian Asamoah II – Ankle (Questionable)
- Malik Knowles – Undisclosed (Out)
Green Bay Packers
- Elgton Jenkins – Knee (Questionable)
- Yosh Nijman – Knee (Questionable)
- Josh Myers – Ankle (Questionable)
- Aaron Jones – Hamstring (Questionable)
- Preston Smith – Illness (Questionable)
- Tyler Davis – Knee (Out)
- Eric Stokes – Hamstring (Out)
- Devonte Wyatt – Knee (Questionable)
- Luke Tenuta – Ankle (Out)
- Luke Musgrave – Ankle (Questionable)
- Darnell Savage – Calf (Out)
- Jaire Alexander – Back (Questionable)
- De’Vondre Campbell – Ankle (Questionable)
- David Bakhtiari – Knee (Out)
Keys To Victory: Minnesota Vikings
Offensively, the Vikings have an average of 21.6 points per game, which positions them 16th in the NFL. Not only is the Vikings passing attack among the league leaders in yards per game, but they have also been efficient with their attempts. This season, they are ranked 6th in passing completion percentage at 68.9%. On the ground, the Vikings have ran the ball an average of 19.1 times per game and are 30th in rushing yards. So far, they are averaging 3.8 yards per rushing attempt.
Keys To Victory: Green Bay Packers
In what is projected to be a tightly contested game, Jordan Love will be looking to put together a strong performance for a Green Bay offense ranked 15th in points per game. For the season, Love is averaging 210 passing yards per game through the air. This figure has him sitting 22nd among quarterbacks. Love comes in with a passer rating of 79.4 and is averaging 11.4 yards per completion. Against the Vikings, the team will look to get receiver Romeo Doubs involved in the passing game. This year, he is averaging 7.0 targets per game, leading to an overall receiving yards total of 258. At 90.8 rushing yards per game, the Packers are currently ranked 24th in the NFL. In terms of attempts, they are carrying the ball an average of 24.2 times per game, which is 22nd.
- Across their last five road contests, Minnesota has been good against the spread, posting a mark of 3-1-1. Their overall mark in these games was 3-2, while averaging 22 points per game.
- In their last five home games, Green Bay has averaged 23 points per game while allowing 20. The team’s record in this stretch was 2-3 while going 3-2.
- Spanning across their last ten games as the betting underdog, the Packers have gone 6-4 vs the spread. Their overall record in these games was 4-6.
- In their last ten games as the betting favorite, the Vikings have a straight-up record of 8-2 and an ATS mark of 5-4-1.
- Minnesota Vikings 21 – Green Bay Packers 20