NFC Conference Matchup
Point Spread: Packers -3 | Total Points: 38
This week, the Rams will look to snap their current two-game losing streak with a victory over the Packers. Heading into action, the team has a below .500 record of 3-5. The Rams travelled to take on the the Cowboys in week 8 and fell by a score of 43-20. In addition to their 23-point loss, the Rams also suffered a setback in their ATS record. They were 7-point underdogs at the start of the game. The over/under line for their game was set at 44.5 points, and the teams exceeded it with a combined total of 63 points.
Green Bay heads into this one with the goal of snapping their current four game losing streak with a victory over the Rams. So far, their record for the season is 2-5. In their last game, the Packers played host to the Vikings and lost by a score of 24-10. In addition to their 14-point loss, the Packers also picked up an ATS loss. They were 1-point underdogs at the start of the game. The pre-game over/under line in their most recent game vs. Minnesota was 41.5. The teams fell short of this figure with 34 points.
Los Angeles Rams vs Green Bay Packers History
The Packers picked up a 24-12 over the Rams in their only head-to-head matchup last season. With their combined 36 points, the Rams and Packers stayed below the over/under line of 39.5. The Packers covered the spread in this matchup. In last year’s win, the Packers finished with 345 of total offense, with 138 coming in the running game and 207 through the air. On the other side, the Rams ended the game with 156 of offense.
In the last three games between Los Angeles and Green Bay, the Packers have dominated the series, going 3-0. This includes a convincing margin of victory of 11 points per contest. Across the last three head-to-head matchups, Green Bay is averaging 30 points compared to Los Angeles at 19.
Los Angeles Rams
- Stetson Bennett – Non Injury Related (Out)
- Jason Taylor II – Groin (Out)
- Larrell Murchison – Knee (Questionable)
- Ben Skowronek – Achilles (Probable)
- Ernest Jones – Knee (Questionable)
- Austin Trammell – Hip (Probable)
- Puka Nacua – Knee (Questionable)
- Ethan Evans – Ankle (Probable)
- Cobie Durant – Shoulder (Questionable)
- Kyren Williams – Ankle (Out)
- Bobby Brown III – Knee (mcl) (Out)
- Hunter Long – Thigh (Questionable)
- Ronnie Rivers – Knee (Out)
- Rob Havenstein – Calf (Questionable)
- Matthew Stafford – Right Thumb (Questionable)
Green Bay Packers
- Aaron Jones – Hamstring (Questionable)
- Jaire Alexander – Back (Questionable)
- Elgton Jenkins – Knee (Questionable)
- Luke Musgrave – Ankle (Questionable)
- Rudy Ford – Calf (Questionable)
- Tyler Davis – Knee (Out)
- Eric Stokes – Hamstring (Out)
- Luke Tenuta – Ankle (Out)
- Yosh Nijman – Foot (Questionable)
- Darnell Savage – Calf (Out)
- David Bakhtiari – Knee (Out)
Keys To Victory: Los Angeles Rams
The Los Angeles offense is currently positioned 14th in the league, scoring an average of 21.9 points per contest. Matthew Stafford comes in with a passer rating of 82.0, which places him 34th in the quarterback rankings. In terms of yardage, he has thrown for 2070 and has completed eight passing touchdowns. This season, the Rams have put together a strong offense despite sitting below the league average in both rush yards and attempts.
Keys To Victory: Green Bay Packers
Before this week’s matchup, the Packers are focused on improving their offensive scoring ranking, as they currently sit close to the league average at 20 points per game. Green Bay currently ranks 18th in passing attempts and has an average of 5.9 yards per attempt (15). With 198.6 passing yards per game, they are positioned 20th in the league. A major problem for this year’s Green Bay offense is their lack of production in the run game. Per attempt the team is averaging just 3.8 yards per attempt. Overall, they are the 26th-ranked team in yards per game.
- In their last five road games, Los Angeles has averaged 22 points per game while allowing 23. The team’s record in this stretch was 2-3 while going 4-1.
- When looking at their past five home matchups, Green Bay has an ATS record of 3-2 while averaging 23 per game. The team went 2-3 overall in these games.
- Going back to their last five games as the underdog, the Rams have a straight-up record of 1-4. But, their mark vs the spread was just 2-2-1.
- In their last five games as the betting favorite, the Packers have a strong straight-up record of 3-2. In addition, their ATS record was 3-2 in these scenarios.
- Los Angeles Rams 22 – Green Bay Packers 19