AFC West Divisional Matchup
Point Spread: Chiefs -5.5 | Total Points: 48
Coming into this week’s AFC matchup vs the Chiefs, the Chargers have a below .500 record at 2-3. The Chargers are coming off a 20-17 loss to the Cowboys. With their 3-point loss, the Chargers also were handed a defeat on their ATS record. Going into the game, they were 1.5-point underdogs. The over/under line for their most recent game against Dallas was 49.5. Finishing with a combined total of 37 points, the under hit in this matchup.
Coming into this week 7 AFC matchup, the Chiefs are in the middle of a five-game winning streak and have an above .500 record of 5-1. In week 6, the Chiefs had the Broncos at home. Kansas City finished the game with a 19-8 win. The Chiefs were able to cover the spread vs. Denver, as they went into the game favored by 10.5. The under hit in the Chiefs’ most recent game, as the teams combined for 27 points. The line going into the game was 47.5.
Los Angeles Chargers vs Kansas City Chiefs History
Going back to last season, the Chiefs and Chargers faced off two times, with the Chiefs going 2-0. Against the spread, the Chargers went 2-0, while the over/under record in these games was 1-1 on an average of 54 points per game. On offense, the two teams finished with similar production in yardage, with the Chargers averaging 383 yards per game compared to the Chiefs at 402.
The last three times that the Chiefs have faced off vs. the Chargers as the favorite, they have gone 3-0. When looking back over the last ten head-to-head meetings between the Chargers and Chiefs, the Chargers hold the edge with an ATS record of 6-4.
Los Angeles Chargers
- Jalen Guyton – Knee (Questionable)
- Mike Williams – Knee (Out)
- Corey Linsley – Heart (Out)
- Deane Leonard – Hamstring (Questionable)
- JT Woods – Illness (Out)
- Otito Ogbonnia – Kneecap (Questionable)
- Alohi Gilman – Heel (Questionable)
- Amechi Uzodinma – Undisclosed (Out)
- Raheem Layne – Knee (Out)
- Andrew Trainer – Undisclosed (Out)
- Joey Bosa – Toe (Questionable)
- Sebastian Joseph-Day – Knee (Questionable)
- Amen Ogbongbemiga – Groin (Questionable)
- Derwin James Jr. – Ankle (Questionable)
- Jaylinn Hawkins – Illness (Questionable)
Kansas City Chiefs
- Cole Christiansen – Hamstring (Out)
- Prince Tega Wanogho – Quad (Out)
- Nazeeh Johnson – Knee (Out)
- Jody Fortson – Shoulder (Out)
- Richie James – Knee (Out)
- Justin Watson – Elbow (Questionable)
Keys To Victory: Los Angeles Chargers
Los Angeles’ offense is averaging 25.4 points per game so far, which is currently 7th in the league. This season, Justin Herbert has thrown nine touchdowns, putting 6th among quarterbacks. He has also thrown for 1333 passing yards, ranking him 14th in his position. On the ground, the Los Angeles offense is among the league leaders in attempts, at 27.2 per game. However, this has not translated into enough success, as they are just the 18th-ranked team in yards.
Keys To Victory: Kansas City Chiefs
The Kansas City offense comes into week 7, averaging only 24.5 points per game, placing them 10th in the league. So far this season, Kansas City’s passing game is 5th in passing attempts. Their average of 263.8 passing yards per game places them 2nd in the NFL rankings. Kansas City comes into the game with one of the better rush attacks in the NFL, averaging 4.2 yards per attempt. This strong figure has led to the team ranking 11th in yards per game on the ground.
- Through their last ten road games, Los Angeles has an ATS record of just 6-4. However, their overall record was 5-5 while averaging 24 points per game.
- The Chiefs are 2-1 ATS in their last three home games and 3-0 straight-up.
- Through their last five games as the betting underdog, the Chargers have a strong record vs the spread going 3-2. Their straight-up mark in these contests is 1-4.
- In their last five games as the betting favorite, the Chiefs have a strong straight-up record of 5-0. In addition, their ATS record was 4-1 in these scenarios.
- Kansas City Chiefs 28 – Los Angeles Chargers 23