Non-Conference NFL Matchups
Point Spread: Chargers -3 | Total Points: 44
Coming into this week’s non-conference matchup vs the Packers, the Chargers have a below .500 record at 4-5. In their last game, the Chargers suffered a 41-38 loss to the Lions. Alongside their 3-point loss, the Chargers also suffered an ATS defeat. They were 2-point underdogs before the game. The over/under line for their game was set at 48 points, and the teams exceeded it with a combined total of 79 points.
Heading into their matchup vs the Chargers, the Packers are just 3-6. After a 23-19 loss to the Steelers, the Packers are looking to get back on track this week. With their 4-point loss, the Packers also were handed a defeat on their ATS record. Going into the game, they were 3-point underdogs. With the over/under line set at 38.5 points, the over hit with a combined 42 points.
Los Angeles Chargers vs Green Bay Packers History
In the last five head-to-head matchups, the Packers have had the upper hand, going 4-1. When looking at the last three head-to-head matchups between the Chargers and Packers, only 1 point per game has separated the teams, with the Chargers going 2-1 vs. the spread.
- Across the Chargers’ last ten road games, the team averaged 23 points per game while allowing 22. Their record vs the spread in these contests was 5-5 while going 4-6 straight-up.
- In their last three games at home, the Packers have a straight-up record of 0-3 while going 0-3 vs the spread. The team’s offense averaged 16 points per game in these contests.
- Going back to their last three games as the underdog, the Packers have a straight-up record of 0-3. Their mark vs the spread was just 0-3.
- Going back to their last ten games as the favorite, the Chargers have a straight-up record of 7-3 and are 6-3-1 ATS.
Los Angeles Chargers
- Mike Williams – Knee (Out)
- Gerald Everett – Back (Questionable)
- Corey Linsley – Heart (Out)
- Keenan Allen – Shoulder (Questionable)
- Joshua Palmer – Knee (Out)
- Chris Rumph II – Foot (Out)
- JT Woods – Illness (Questionable)
- Raheem Layne – Knee (Out)
- Andrew Trainer – Undisclosed (Out)
- Amechi Uzodinma – Undisclosed (Out)
- Rashawn Slater – Knee (Probable)
- Joey Bosa – Hand (Probable)
- Alohi Gilman – Elbow (Probable)
- Sebastian Joseph-Day – Knee (Questionable)
- Donald Parham Jr. – Hip (Questionable)
Green Bay Packers
- Kenny Clark – Shoulder (Questionable)
- Aaron Jones – Hamstring (Questionable)
- Rudy Ford – Biceps (Questionable)
- Elgton Jenkins – Knee (Questionable)
- Yosh Nijman – Back (Probable)
- Jon Runyan – Neck (Probable)
- Christian Watson – Shoulder (Questionable)
- Eric Stokes – Hamstring (Out)
- Luke Tenuta – Ankle (Out)
- Quay Walker – Groin (Questionable)
- Darnell Savage – Calf (Out)
- Tyler Davis – Knee (Out)
- Jaire Alexander – Shoulder (Questionable)
- David Bakhtiari – Knee (Out)
Keys To Victory: Los Angeles Chargers
Los Angeles gets set to take on Green Bay, averaging 26.6 points per game. Justin Herbert and the Chargers’ passing game figures to be a key part of the game plan, as the team is throwing the ball at a rate above the league average. For the season, Herbert has thrown for 2349 yards through the air and has Los Angeles sitting 8th in passing yards per game. Wide receiver Keenan Allen is pacing the Chargers with 895 receiving yards. Overall, he has 73 catches on 97 targets. Even though Los Angeles is ranked 15th in rushing attempts, they come into the game as a below-average unit in yards. So far, the Chargers are averaging 100.8 yards per game on the ground.
Keys To Victory: Green Bay Packers
On offense, the Packers are currently averaging 19.9 points per game, ranking them 19th in the NFL. Jordan Love’s passer rating of 80.5 places him 36th among quarterbacks. This rating has come on 2009 yards passing and 14 passing touchdowns. A major reason for the team’s lack of offense is their inability to generate production with the rushing attack. Heading into today’s game, the team’s below-average number of rush attempts has turned into an average of just 102.1 rushing yards per game.
- In their last ten games away from home, the Chargers have a straight-up record of 4-6 while going 5-5 vs the spread. The team’s offense averaged 23 points per game in these contests.
- Although Green Bay has a straight-up record of 0-3 in their last three home games, they have not held up as well vs the spread going 0-3. The team averaged 16 points per game in these games.
- Looking back on the team’s last ten games as the underdog, the Packers have a straight-up record of 3-7. Their record vs the spread in these games was 4-6.
- As the betting favorite, the Chargers have an ATS record of 4-1 in their last five games. In these matchups, their, straight up record was 4-1.
Los Angeles Chargers vs Green Bay Packers Pick
- Los Angeles Chargers 23 – Green Bay Packers 22