Non-Conference NFL Matchups
Point Spread: Saints -1 | Total Points: 40
Overall, the Jaguars have an above .500 record at 4-2. Helping their cause is the fact that they are in the midst of three game winning streak. In AFC action, the team is 3-2. In their last game, the Jaguars came out on top against the Colts, winning by a score of 37-20. Given that they were favored by 4 against the Colts, the Jaguars picked up an ATS win. The over/under line for their game was set at 44 points, and the teams exceeded it with a combined total of 57 points.
Coming into this week’s NFC matchup vs the Jaguars, the Saints have a .500 record at 3-3. This week, the Saints will look to bounce back from a 20-13 loss to the Texans. With the 7-point loss to the Texans, the Saints also took a loss vs. the spread as 2.5-point favorites. In their most recent game, the over/under line was 42 points. By combining for 33 points, the under hit.
Jacksonville Jaguars vs New Orleans Saints History
In the last three games between Jacksonville and New Orleans, the Saints have dominated the series, going 3-0. This includes a convincing margin of victory of 10 points per contest. Across the last three head-to-head matchups, New Orleans is averaging 24 points compared to Jacksonville at 14.
- Through their last ten road contests, the Jaguars offense has averaged 24 points per game while allowing an average of 22. Jacksonville posted an overall record of 5-5 while going 6-4 ATS.
- In their last three games at home, the Saints have a straight-up record of 1-2 while going 1-2 vs. the spread. The team averaged 21 points per game in this stretch.
- Through their last three games as the betting underdog, the Jaguars have a strong record vs the spread going 2-1. Their straight-up mark in these contests is 1-2.
- Going back to their last ten games as the favorite, the Saints have a straight-up record of 5-5. But their mark vs the spread was just 2-7-1.
- Zay Jones – Knee (Out)
- Brandon Scherff – Ankle (Questionable)
- DaVon Hamilton – Back (Questionable)
- Chris Claybrooks – Commissioner Exempt List (Out)
- Jaylon Moore – Knee (Out)
- Trevor Lawrence – Knee (Questionable)
- Tyson Campbell – Hamstring (Out)
- Walker Little – Knee (Out)
- Gregory Junior – Hamstring (Out)
- Christian Braswell – Hamstring (Out)
- Cooper Hodges – Knee (Out)
- Ventrell Miller – Achilles (Out)
- Leonard Taylor – Undisclosed (Out)
- Parker Washington – Knee (Out)
New Orleans Saints
- Ryan Connelly – Knee (Out)
- Andrew Dowell – Knee (Out)
- J.T. Gray – Hamstring (Out)
- Lonnie Johnson Jr. – Hamstring (Questionable)
- Demario Davis – Knee (Questionable)
- Tyrann Mathieu – Foot (Questionable)
- James Hurst – Ankle (Out)
- Trai Turner – Quadriceps (Out)
- Ryan Ramczyk – Concussion (Out)
- Jamaal Williams – Hamstring (Questionable)
- Adam Prentice – Knee (Out)
- Payton Turner – Toe (Out)
- Landon Young – Hip (Out)
- Juwan Johnson – Calf (Out)
- Eno Benjamin – Achilles (Out)
- Shaquan Davis – Undisclosed (Out)
Keys To Victory: Jacksonville Jaguars
On offense, the Jaguars are ranked 10th in the league at 23.7 points per game. They will need a strong offensive performance in order to pull out the win as 1-point underdogs. For the season, Lawrence is averaging 239 passing yards per game through the air. This figure has him sitting 10th among quarterbacks. Lawrence comes in with a passer rating of 91.8 and is averaging 10.2 yards per completion. Against the Saints, the team will look to get receiver Christian Kirk involved in the passing game. This year, he is averaging 8.2 targets per game, leading to an overall receiving yards total of 384. The Jaguars hold the 15th position in the NFL with 113.5 rushing yards per game. This average has come on an average of 30.2 rushing attempts (6th).
Keys To Victory: New Orleans Saints
In what is projected to be a tightly contested game, Derek Carr will be looking to put together a strong performance for a New Orleans offense ranked 22nd in points per game. Carr is averaging 216 passing yards per game through the air for the season. This figure has him sitting 15th among quarterbacks. Carr comes in with a passer rating of 85.4 and is averaging 10.0 yards per completion. This year, receiver Chris Olave is averaging 8.8 targets per game, leading to an overall receiving yards total of 414. Per attempt, the Saints are averaging 3.4 yards while carrying the ball an average of 28 times per contest. In terms of yardage, they are 23rd in the league.
- Jacksonville has averaged 25 points per game in their last five road games while allowing 14. The team’s record in this stretch was 4-1 while going 5-0 vs. the spread.
- Through their last ten home contests, the Saints offense has averaged 18 points per game while allowing an average of 16. New Orleans posted an overall record of 4-6 while going 4-5-1 ATS.
- The last ten games that Jacksonville was the underdog, they have an ATS mark of 7-3 while going 6-4 straight up.
- In their last ten games as the betting favorite, the Saints have a straight-up record of 5-5 and an ATS mark of 2-7-1.
- New Orleans Saints 23 – Jacksonville Jaguars 22