Non-Conference NFL Matchups
Point Spread: Falcons -1.5 | Total Points: 41.5
Heading into this week’s matchup against Atlanta, the Texans have won two straight games and have a current record of 2-2. This week, the Texans will be looking to string together another win after taking down the Steelers by a score of 30-6. Besides their outright victory, the Texans also covered the spread as 3-point underdogs. The pre-game over/under line in their most recent game vs. Pittsburgh was 41. The teams fell short of this figure with 36 points.
This week, the Falcons will look to snap their current two-game losing streak with a victory over the Texans. Heading into action, the team has a .500 record of 2-2. Recently, the Falcons played and had a 23-7 loss against the Jaguars. In addition to their 16-point loss, the Falcons also lost vs. the spread. They were 3.5-point underdogs heading into the game. In the Falcons’ most recent game, the under bettors finished with the win as the teams combined for 30 points. The pre-game line was set at 42.5.
Houston Texans vs Atlanta Falcons History
The Texans and Falcons did not have any head-to-head matchups last season. But over the last three times playing each other, the Texans have a record of 2-1. The Texans also had the edge vs. the spread in these games, at 2-1. These games averaged 60 points per game leading to an over/under record of 2-1.
- Houston has an ATS record of just 5-4-1 through their last ten road games. However, their overall record was 4-6 while averaging 20 points per game.
- Although Atlanta has a straight up record of 1-9 in their last ten home games, they have not held up as well vs the spread going 4-6. The team averaged 15 points per game in these games.
- Looking back on the team’s last five games as the underdog, the Falcons have a straight up record of 0-5. Their record vs the spread in these games was 1-4.
- As the betting favorite, the Texans have an ATS mark of just 1-4 in their last five games. Houston posted a straight-up mark of 1-4 in these matchups.
- Scott Quessenberry – Knee (Out)
- Tytus Howard – Hand (Questionable)
- Hassan Ridgeway – Calf (Out)
- Laremy Tunsil – Knee (Questionable)
- Cameron Johnston – Calf (Questionable)
- Noah Brown – Groin (Out)
- Derek Stingley Jr. – Hamstring (Out)
- Kenyon Green – Shoulder (Out)
- Josh Jones – Hand (Questionable)
- Charlie Heck – Foot (Out)
- Shaquill Griffin – Calf (Questionable)
- John Metchie III – Illness (Questionable)
- Jake Hansen – Neck (Questionable)
- Shaq Mason – Ankle (Probable)
- Dameon Pierce – Knee (Probable)
- Maliek Collins – Abdomen (Questionable)
- Kendrick Green – Knee (Out)
- Troy Hairston – Back (Out)
- Juice Scruggs – Leg (Out)
- DJ Scaife – Leg (Out)
- Jesse Matthews – Knee (Out)
- Kilian Zierer – Ankle (Out)
- Parker Hesse – Undisclosed (Out)
- Barry Wesley – Undisclosed (Out)
- Ikenna Enechukwu – Leg (Out)
- Josh Ali – Ankle (Out)
- Troy Andersen – Arm (Out)
- Adetokunbo Ogundeji – Foot (Out)
- Avery Williams – Knee (Out)
- Matt Hennessy – Knee (Out)
- Feleipe Franks – Foot (Out)
- Ethan Greenidge – Leg (Out)
- Penny Hart – Concussion (Out)
Keys To Victory: Houston Texans
On offense, the Texans are averaging 24 points per game, putting them 14th in the NFL. C.J. Stroud has thrown six touchdowns so far this season, placing him 5th among quarterbacks. His total passing yards of 1212 also rank him 5th in his position. This season, the Houston offense has been able to put up points at an above-average rate, even though have struggled to move the ball on the ground. So far, they are averaging just 3 yards per attempt, leading to a per-game average of 87.2.
Keys To Victory: Atlanta Falcons
When compared to other teams, the Atlanta offense is struggling to score points, with an average of just 15.5 points per game. Atlanta is currently 24th in passing attempts and are averaging 5.3 yards per attempt (20). At 156.2 passing yards per game, they are 31st in the league. Points have been hard to come by for the team despite their success in the rushing game. So far, the Atlanta offense is not only near the top of the league in yards at 128 per game, but they also an above-average team in terms of attempts.
- Houston has played well in their previous three road games, going 2-1 straight up. In this stretch, they averaged 26 points per game while allowing 24. The team also performed well vs the spread at 2-1.
- Through their last five home games, Atlanta has an ATS record of just 1-4. However, their overall record was 0-5 while averaging 10 points per game.
- Going back to their previous three games as the underdog, Atlanta has an ATS mark of 0-3 while going 0-3 straight up.
- Going back to their previous five games as the favorite, Houston has an ATS mark of 1-4 while going 1-4 straight up.
- Atlanta Falcons 21 – Houston Texans 16