Non-Conference NFL Matchups
Point Spread: Steelers -3 | Total Points: 39
Coming into this non-conference showdown vs the Steelers, the Packers have a below .500 record at 3-5. In their previous game, the Packers secured a victory against the Rams by a score of 20-3. Against the spread, the Packers’ 17-point win was enough to cover as 4-point favorites. In the Packers’ latest game, the under bettors were correct as the teams totaled 23 points, below the line of 37.5 points.
Coming into this week’s matchup with the Packers, the Steelers have an above .500 record at 5-3. The Steelers hosted the Titans in week 9. The Steelers finished the game with a 20-16 win. Given that they were favored by 3 against the Titans, the Steelers picked up an ATS win. In the Steelers’ most recent game, the under bettors finished with the win as the teams combined for 36 points. The pre-game line was set at 37.
Green Bay Packers vs Pittsburgh Steelers History
The last ten head-to-head matchups between the Steelers and Packers have gone in favor of the Steelers, putting together a record of 6-4. Not only have the Packers gone 2-1 against the spread in their last three games vs. the Steelers, they are also 2-1 ATS the last three times they have faced the Steelers on the road.
- Although Green Bay has a straight up record of 0-3 in their last three road games, they have not held up as well vs the spread going 1-2. The team averaged 18 points per game in these games.
- Through their last ten home contests, the Steelers offense has averaged 16 points per game while allowing an average of 21. Pittsburgh posted an overall record of 6-4 while going 7-3 ATS.
- Going back to their previous ten games as the underdog, Green Bay has an ATS mark of 5-5 while going 4-6 straight up.
- The last ten games that Pittsburgh was favored, they have an ATS mark of 6-4 while going 6-3-1 straight up.
Green Bay Packers
- Jaire Alexander – Shoulder (Questionable)
- Yosh Nijman – Back (Questionable)
- Aaron Jones – Hamstring (Questionable)
- Elgton Jenkins – Knee (Questionable)
- Jon Runyan – Neck (Questionable)
- Josh Myers – Knee (Questionable)
- Quay Walker – Groin (Questionable)
- Luke Tenuta – Ankle (Out)
- Tyler Davis – Knee (Out)
- Eric Stokes – Hamstring (Out)
- Darnell Savage – Calf (Out)
- Kenny Clark – Shoulder (Questionable)
- Rudy Ford – Calf (Questionable)
- David Bakhtiari – Knee (Out)
- Minkah Fitzpatrick – Hamstring (Questionable)
- Cole Holcomb – Knee (Out)
- Renell Wren – Achilles (Out)
- Montravius Adams – Ankle (Questionable)
- Pat Freiermuth – Hamstring (Out)
- Cameron Heyward – Groin (Questionable)
- Elandon Roberts – Knee (Questionable)
- Alfonzo Graham – Shoulder (Out)
- Cory Trice Jr. – Knee (Out)
Keys To Victory: Green Bay Packers
Offensively, the Packers have an average of 20 points per game, which positions them 20th in the NFL. An interesting note heading into the game is the fact that Green Bay is a below-average unit in passing yards per game. Yet, they have put together one of the better yards per completion figures in the NFL at 10.2 YPC. Per attempt, the Packers are averaging 3.9 yards while carrying the ball an average of 25 times per contest. In terms of yardage, they are 22nd in the league.
Keys To Victory: Pittsburgh Steelers
On offense, the Steelers are ranked 29th in the league at 16.6 points per game. They will need a strong offensive performance in order to pull out the win as 3-point underdogs. This season, he has completed 61.3% of his passes, leading an average of 186 yards per game in the passing attack. Overall, he is 26th among QBs in passing yards and 23rd in attempts. Against the Packers, the team will look to get receiver George Pickens involved in the passing game. This year, he is averaging 7.2 targets per game, leading to an overall receiving yards total of 521. The Steelers have been running the ball an average of 24.2 times per game and currently hold the 25th spot in the league in rushing yards. Their average yards per rushing attempt is 3.8.
- When looking at their past three road matchups, Green Bay has an ATS record of 1-2 while averaging 18 per game. The team went 0-3 overall in these games.
- Pittsburgh has played well in their previous five home games, going 4-1 straight up. In this stretch, they averaged 18 points per game while allowing 18. The team also performed well vs. the spread at 4-1.
- The last ten games that Green Bay was the underdog, they have an ATS mark of 5-5 while going 4-6 straight up.
- In their last three games as the betting favorite, the Steelers have a strong straight up record of 2-1. In addition, their ATS record was 2-1 in these scenarios.
- Green Bay Packers 19 – Pittsburgh Steelers 18