NFC Conference Matchup
Point Spread: Cowboys -10.5 | Total Points: 42
Coming into this week’s NFC matchup vs the Panthers, the Cowboys have an above .500 record at 6-3. The Cowboys are coming off a win after defeating the Giants with a final score of 49-17. Heading into the game, the Cowboys were favored by 17.5. Their 32-point win was enough to cover the spread. The game’s over/under line stood at 38.5 points, and the final score exceeded this mark, reaching a combined 66 points.
This week, the Panthers will look to snap their current two-game losing streak with a victory over the Cowboys. Heading into action, the team has a below .500 record of 1-8. Most recently, they fell to the Bears 16-13. In addition to their 3-point loss, the Panthers ended with a push vs. the spread. They were 3-point underdogs heading into the game. The pre-game over/under line in their most recent game vs. Chicago was 38. The teams fell short of this figure with 29 points.
Dallas Cowboys vs Carolina Panthers History
The last ten head-to-head matchups between the Cowboys and Panthers have gone in favor of the Cowboys, putting together a record of 7-3. In the last five head-to-head games between the Cowboys and Panthers, the average combined point total is 38 points per game. The over/under record in these matchups is 2-3.
- When looking at their past ten road matchups, Dallas has an ATS record of 4-6 while averaging 21 per game. The team went 4-6 overall in these games.
- Across the Panthers’ last five home games, the team averaged 19 points per game while allowing 32. Their record vs the spread in these contests was 0-4-1 while going 0-5 straight-up.
- Going back to their last ten games as the underdog, the Panthers have a straight-up record of 2-8. But, their mark vs. the spread was just 2-6-2.
- Dallas has done well both straight up and vs. the spread when favored to win the game, going 3-0 SU and 3-0 ATS in their last three games.
- C.J. Goodwin – Pectoral (Out)
- Leighton Vander Esch – Neck (Out)
- Trevon Diggs – Knee (Out)
- Peyton Hendershot – Ankle (Questionable)
- Josh Ball – Hip (Out)
- Matt Waletzko – Shoulder (Out)
- Billy Price – Undisclosed (Out)
- Jourdan Lewis – Neck (Probable)
- Rico Dowdle – Ankle (Probable)
- Jalen Tolbert – Knee (Probable)
- Osa Odighizuwa – Hamstring (Probable)
- Viliami Fehoko Jr. – Knee (Probable)
- John Stephens Jr. – Knee (Out)
- David Durden – Knee (Out)
- DeMarvion Overshown – Knee (Out)
- KaVontae Turpin – Shoulder (Probable)
- Tarik Cohen – Hamstring (Out)
- Justin Houston – Hamstring (Out)
- Shaq Thompson – Leg (Out)
- Henry Anderson – Foot (Out)
- Ian Thomas – Calf (Questionable)
- DJ Chark Jr. – Elbow (Probable)
- Brian Burns – Concussion/elbow (Probable)
- Jaycee Horn – Hamstring (Questionable)
- Brady Christensen – Bicep (Out)
- CJ Henderson – Concussion (Questionable)
- Giovanni Ricci – Shoulder (Out)
- Jeremy Chinn – Quad (Out)
- Laviska Shenault Jr. – Ankle (Questionable)
- Stephen Sullivan – Shoulder (Probable)
- Yetur Gross-Matos – Hamstring (Out)
- Luiji Vilain – Knee (Out)
- Chandler Wooten – Ankle (Out)
- Hayden Hurst – Concussion (Questionable)
- Taylor Moton – Knee (Questionable)
- Austin Corbett – Calf (Questionable)
- Marquis Haynes Sr. – Back (Questionable)
- DeShawn Williams – Not Injury Related (Questionable)
- Xavier Woods – Thigh (Questionable)
- Claudin Cherelus – Knee (Out)
Keys To Victory: Dallas Cowboys
If the Cowboys are going to pull out the win and cover the spread, they will be looking for a big game out of quarterback Dak Prescott and the league’s 2nd ranked scoring offense. This season, he has completed 70.7% of his passes, leading an average of 268 yards per game in the passing attack. Overall, he is 7th among QB’s in passing yards and 14th in attempts. CeeDee Lamb has been targeted 86 times this season and has caught 68 passes this season. He comes into the game with a total of 975 receiving yards. In terms of rushing, the Cowboys are averaging 29.1 rushing attempts per game, placing them 10th for rushing yards. They have an average of 4 yards per rushing attempt.
Keys To Victory: Carolina Panthers
Coming in as the home underdogs, Bryce Young is hoping to spark the NFL’s 26th-ranked scoring offense. For the season, Young is averaging 195 passing yards per game through the air. This figure has him sitting 27th among quarterbacks. Young comes in with a passer rating of 75.9 and is averaging 8.6 yards per completion. Adam Thielen has been targeted 86 times this season and has caught 68 passes this season. He comes into the game with a total of 652 receiving yards. The Panthers have been running the ball an average of 23.6 times per game and currently hold the 26th spot in the league in rushing yards. Their average yards per rushing attempt is 3.8.
- Across their five previous road games, Dallas has an ATS mark of 2-3. Their straight-up record in these matchups was 2-3 while averaging 21 points per game.
- Across their ten previous home games, Carolina has an ATS mark of 3-6-1. Their straight-up record in these matchups was 2-8 while averaging 18 points per game.
- Spanning across their last ten games as the betting underdog, the Panthers have gone 2-6-2 vs the spread. Their overall record in these games was 2-8.
- In their last three games as the betting favorite, the Cowboys have a strong straight-up record of 3-0. In addition, their ATS record was 3-0 in these scenarios.
- Dallas Cowboys 21 – Carolina Panthers 19