Non-Conference NFL Matchups
Point Spread: Seahawks -4 | Total Points: 38
Coming into this week 8 non-conference matchup, the Browns are in the middle of a two-game winning streak and have an above .500 record of 4-2. In the most recent game they played, the Browns picked up a win over the Colts by a score of 39-38. On the point spread, the Browns were favored by 3.5 against the Colts. Even though they won by 1 it was not enough to cover. With the over/under line set at 40 points, the over hit with a combined 77 points.
Heading into the game, the Seahawks are the 5th ranked team in the NFC with a record of 4-2. Against other teams in the Conference, they have a mark of 4-1. In their last game, the Seahawks played host to the Cardinals and won by a score of 20-10. Being favored by 9 points against the Cardinals, the Seahawks came through with an ATS win. In their most recent game against Arizona, the pre-game over/under line was set at 44, leading the under to hit on a combined total of 30 points.
Cleveland Browns vs Seattle Seahawks History
The last three times that the Seahawks have faced off vs. the Browns as the favorite, they have gone 3-0. The Browns have been the team to bet on of late in the head-to-head games between the Browns and Seahawks, as Cleveland is a perfect 0-2-1 vs. the spread in that stretch.
- Across the Browns’ last five road games, the team averaged 21 points per game while allowing 25. Their record vs the spread in these contests was 1-4, while going 2-3 straight-up.
- Across the Seahawks’ last ten home games, the team averaged 25 points per game while allowing 24. Their record vs the spread in these contests was 4-6, while going 5-5 straight-up.
- Spanning across their last ten games as the betting underdog, the Browns have gone 5-4-1 vs the spread. Their overall record in these games was 4-6.
- In their last five games as the betting favorite, the Seahawks have a strong straight-up record of 4-1. In addition, their ATS record was 3-2 in these scenarios.
- David Njoku – Knee (Questionable)
- Marquise Goodwin – Back (Questionable)
- Kareem Hunt – Thigh (Questionable)
- Anthony Walker Jr. – Shoulder (Questionable)
- Ogbo Okoronkwo – Rib (Questionable)
- Jedrick Wills Jr. – Ankle/foot (Questionable)
- Jacob Phillips – Pectoral (Out)
- Thomas Graham Jr. – Ankle (Out)
- Daylen Baldwin – Hamstring (Out)
- Michael Woods II – Achilles (Out)
- Dawson Deaton – Knee (Out)
- Jerome Ford – Ankle (Questionable)
- Nick Chubb – Knee (Out)
- Michael Dunn – Calf (Out)
- Deshaun Watson – Right Shoulder (Out)
- Jack Conklin – Knee (Out)
- Jakeem Grant Sr. – Knee (Out)
- Jordan Kunaszyk – Knee (Out)
- Sione Takitaki – Hamstring (Questionable)
- Drew Forbes – Illness (Out)
- Tyler Lockett – Hamstring (Questionable)
- Bobby Wagner – Ankle (Questionable)
- Damien Lewis – Ankle (Questionable)
- Dee Eskridge – Hamstring (Probable)
- Noah Fant – Toe (Probable)
- Jordyn Brooks – Calf (Probable)
- Kenneth Walker III – Calf (Questionable)
- Mike Morris – Shoulder (Out)
- Kenny McIntosh – Knee (Questionable)
- LaTrell Bumphus – Undisclosed (Out)
- Andrew Whitaker – Knee (Out)
- Austin Faoliu – Knee (Questionable)
- Abraham Lucas – Knee (Out)
- Zach Charbonnet – Hamstring (Probable)
- Coby Bryant – Toe (Out)
- Joshua Onujiogu – Elbow (Out)
- Dareke Young – Groin (Out)
- Bryan Mone – Knee (Out)
- Uchenna Nwosu – Pectoral (Out)
- Phil Haynes – Calf (Questionable)
- Evan Brown – Hip (Probable)
Keys To Victory: Cleveland Browns
Offensively, the Browns are averaging 22.3 points per game (13th). Cleveland will look to be more efficient in the passing game this week, as they are among the league leaders in attempts per game but are averaging just 171.7 yards per game through the air. On the season, quarterback Deshaun Watson has completed 61.7% of his passes, leading a passer rating of 80.9. Cleveland will need to continue getting receiver Amari Cooper involved, as he has caught 24 balls for a total of 389 receiving yards so far this year. A key aspect to the team’s strong offensive play has been their ability to run the ball. This year, the Browns are near the top of the league in both attempts and yards per game. Currently, the team is averaging 147.5 yards per game on the ground.
Keys To Victory: Seattle Seahawks
With an average of 24 points per contest, the Seattle offense currently ranks 10th in the league. Throughout the season, the Seattle offense has done an excellent job protecting the quarterback, as they have given up 36 hits on the QB. This excellent protection has led to the team being ranked 13th in pass yards per contest. The Seahawks are currently 20th in the NFL with 106 rushing yards per game. This has come on an average of 26 rushing attempts (17th).
- Across the Browns’ last ten road games, the team averaged 21 points per game while allowing 25. Their record vs the spread in these contests was 3-6-1 while going 3-7 straight-up.
- The Seahawks are 2-1 ATS in their last three home games and 2-1 straight-up.
- Looking back on the team’s last five games as the underdog, the Browns have a straight-up record of 2-3. Their record vs the spread in these games was 2-3.
- Seattle has done well both straight up and vs the spread when favored to win the game, going 4-1 SU and 4-1 ATS in their last five games.
- Seattle Seahawks 24 – Cleveland Browns 18