Non-Conference NFL Matchups
Point Spread: 49ers -4 | Total Points: 43.5
Coming into this week 8 non-conference matchup, the Bengals are in the middle of a two-game winning streak, helping them get back to .500 (3-3). The Bengals hosted the Seahawks in their last game, coming away with a 17-13 win. Since they were favored by 3 against the Seahawks, the Bengals secured an ATS victory. In the Bengals’ most recent game, the under bettors finished with the win as the teams combined for 30 points. The pre-game line was set at 45.5.
This week, the 49ers will look to snap their current two-game losing streak with a victory over the Bengals. Heading into action, the team has an above .500 record of 5-2. After a 22-17 loss to the Vikings, the 49ers are looking to get back on track this week. Along with their outright defeat, the 49ers couldn’t cover the spread despite being favored by 7. Going into the game vs. Minnesota, the over/under line was 44. With a combined total of 39 points, the under hit in this game.
Cincinnati Bengals vs San Francisco 49ers History
The last five times that the 49ers have hosted the Bengals, they have an above .500 record at 3-2. Looking back over the previous three times that the Bengals and 49ers have faced off, they have combined to average 48 points per game and have an over/under record of 1-2.
- Across their ten previous road games, Cincinnati has an ATS mark of 6-4. Their straight-up record in these matchups was 6-4 while averaging 21 points per game.
- Through their last ten home contests, the 49ers offense has averaged 24 points per game while allowing an average of 20. San Francisco posted an overall record of 6-4 while going 4-5-1 ATS.
- Looking back on the team’s last three games as the underdog, the Bengals have a straight-up record of 1-2. Their record vs the spread in these games was 1-2.
- Spanning across their last ten games as the betting favorite, the 49ers have gone 7-2-1 vs the spread. Their overall record in these games was 8-2.
- Orlando Brown Jr. – Groin (Questionable)
- Devin Cochran – Knee (Out)
- Charlie Jones – Thumb (Out)
- Akeem Davis-Gaither – Knee (Questionable)
- Devonnsha Maxwell – Knee (Out)
- Chase Brown – Hamstring (Questionable)
San Francisco 49ers
- Deebo Samuel – Shoulder (Out)
- Trent Williams – Ankle (Questionable)
- Samuel Womack III – Knee (Out)
- Danny Gray – Shoulder (Out)
- Robert Beal Jr. – Hamstring (Out)
- Darrell Luter Jr. – Knee (Out)
- Cameron Latu – Knee (Out)
- Brock Purdy – Concussion (Questionable)
Keys To Victory: Cincinnati Bengals
Quarterback Joe Burrow will try to lead the Bengals to a win despite being 4-point underdogs on the road. As a team, Cincinnati is averaging 16.7 points per game, placing them 25th in the NFL. This season, he has completed 63.4% of his passes, leading an average of 205 yards per game in the passing attack. Overall, he is 24th among QB’s in passing yards and 8th in attempts. Ja’Marr Chase has been targeted 73 times this season and has caught 50 passes this season. He comes into the game with a total of 556 receiving yards. When it comes to rushing, the Bengals are averaging 3.6 yards per attempt while running the ball an average of 20.2 times per game. At 69.8 rushing yards per contest, they are 31st in the league.
Keys To Victory: San Francisco 49ers
This season, the San Francisco offense has an average of 28.7 points, placing them 2nd in the league. Throughout the season, the San Francisco offense has done an excellent job protecting the quarterback, as they have given up 25 hits on the QB. This excellent protection has led to the team being ranked 11th in pass yards per contest. The 49ers have been running the ball an average of 31.4 times per game and currently hold the 7th spot in the league in rushing yards. Their average yards per rushing attempt is 4.3.
- When looking at their past five road matchups, Cincinnati has an ATS record of 2-3 while averaging 17 per game. The team went 2-3 overall in these games.
- When looking at their past ten home matchups, San Francisco has an ATS record of 4-5-1 while averaging 24 per game. The team went 6-4 overall in these games.
- Going back to their previous ten games as the underdog, Cincinnati has an ATS mark of 8-2 while going 5-5 straight up.
- San Francisco has done well both straight up and vs the spread when favored to win the game, going 3-2 SU and 3-2 ATS in their last five games.
- San Francisco 49ers 28 – Cincinnati Bengals 23