Non-Conference NFL Matchups
Point Spread: Chargers -8.5 | Total Points: 46.5
Coming into this week’s matchup vs the Chargers, the Bears have a below .500 record at 2-5. During their last game, the Bears came out on top against the Raiders, finishing with a score of 30-12. In addition to winning the game, the Bears managed to cover the spread as 2.5-point underdogs. The game’s over/under line stood at 38.5 points, and the final score exceeded this mark, reaching a combined 42 points.
This week, the Chargers will look to snap their current two-game losing streak with a victory over the Bears. Heading into action, the team has a below .500 record of 2-4. In week 7, the Chargers hit the road to face the Chiefs, but they suffered a 31-17 loss. In addition to their 14-point loss, the Chargers also suffered a setback in their ATS record. They were 6-point underdogs at the start of the game. In their most recent game, the over/under line was 48.5 points. By combining for 48 points, the under hit.
Chicago Bears vs Los Angeles Chargers History
The Bears and Chargers did not have any head-to-head matchups last season. But over the last three times playing each other, the Bears have a record of 2-1. The Bears also had the edge vs. the spread in these games, at 2-1. These games averaged a combined total of 41 points per game leading to an over/under record of 1-2.
- When looking at their past five road matchups, Chicago has an ATS record of 1-4 while averaging 17 per game. The team went 1-4 overall in these games.
- Through their last three home games, Los Angeles has an ATS record of just 1-2. However, their overall record was 1-2 while averaging 23 points per game.
- As the betting underdog, the Bears have an ATS mark of just 2-2-1 in their last five games. Chicago posted a straight-up mark of 2-3 in these matchups.
- In their last three games as the betting favorite, the Chargers have a strong straight-up record of 2-1. In addition, their ATS record was 2-1 in these scenarios.
- Jaquan Brisker – Illness (Questionable)
- Darnell Wright – Toe/shoulder (Questionable)
- Terell Smith – Illness (Questionable)
- Khalil Herbert – Ankle (Out)
- Justin Fields – Right Thumb (Questionable)
- Josh Blackwell – Hamstring (Out)
- Braxton Jones – Neck (Questionable)
- Dan Feeney – Knee (Questionable)
- Eddie Jackson – Foot (Questionable)
- Khalid Kareem – Hip (Questionable)
- Nate Davis – Ankle (Questionable)
- Equanimeous St. Brown – Hamstring (Out)
Los Angeles Chargers
- Jalen Guyton – Knee (Questionable)
- Mike Williams – Knee (Out)
- Gerald Everett – Hip (Questionable)
- Corey Linsley – Heart (Out)
- Deane Leonard – Hamstring (Questionable)
- Raheem Layne – Knee (Out)
- Andrew Trainer – Undisclosed (Out)
- JT Woods – Illness (Out)
- Otito Ogbonnia – Kneecap (Questionable)
- Alohi Gilman – Heel (Questionable)
- Trey Pipkins III – Ankle (Probable)
- Joshua Palmer – Knee (Questionable)
- Amechi Uzodinma – Undisclosed (Out)
Keys To Victory: Chicago Bears
As the Bears prepare to take on the Los Angeles, they are looking to build on their success in the passing game. Justin Fields has the team ranked 27th in passing yards per game and is ranked 25th among quarterbacks in yards through the air. What makes their production in the passing game impressive is that they are averaging just 29.3 attempts per game. The team’s top receiver DJ Moore, has caught 40 passes and has accumulated 636 receiving yards this season. A key to the team’s offensive success is their effectiveness on the ground. On the season, the Chicago offense is 5th in rush yards per attempt. This figure has led to an average of 141.3 yards per game.
Keys To Victory: Los Angeles Chargers
Quarterback Justin Herbert will try to lead the Chargers to a win despite being 8.5-point underdogs on the road. As a team, Los Angeles is averaging 24 points per game, placing them 10th in the NFL. This season, he has completed 67.0% of his passes, leading an average of 265 yards per game in the passing attack. Overall, he is 15th among QB’s in passing yards and 14th in attempts. Against the Bears, the team will look to get receiver Keenan Allen involved in the passing game. This year, he is averaging 10.7 targets per game, leading to an overall receiving yards total of 574. The Chargers are running the ball an average of 27 times per game and currently hold the 16th rank in rushing yards. Per attempt, they are averaging 3.8 yards.
- In their last three games away from home, the Bears have a straight-up record of 1-2 while going 1-2 vs. the spread. The team averaged 22 points per game in this stretch.
- Through their last ten home contests, the Chargers offense has averaged 22 points per game while allowing an average of 23. Los Angeles posted an overall record of 4-6 while going 5-5 ATS.
- Looking back on the team’s last ten games as the underdog, the Bears have a straight-up record of 2-8. Their record vs the spread in these games was 3-6-1.
- The last five games that Los Angeles was favored, they have an ATS mark of 2-3 while going 2-3 straight up.
- Los Angeles Chargers 23 – Chicago Bears 19