NFC Conference Matchup
Point Spread: Bears -3.5 | Total Points: 40
Coming into this week’s NFC matchup vs the Bears, the Panthers have a below .500 record at 1-7. After dropping their last game by a score of 27-13 to the Colts, they are looking to bounce back with a win this week. The Panthers had a 14-point loss, resulting in a defeat on their ATS record. They were 1.5-point underdogs going into the game. Going into the game vs. Indianapolis, the over/under line was 44.5. With a combined total of 40 points, the under hit in this game.
This week, the Bears will look to snap their current two-game losing streak with a victory over the Panthers. Heading into action, the team has a below .500 record of 2-7. Recently, the Bears played and had a 24-17 loss against the Saints. Despite their defeat against New Orleans, the Bears managed to cover the spread as 8.5-point underdogs in that game. The under hit in the Bears’ most recent game, as the team’s combined for 41 points. The line going into the game was 41.5.
Carolina Panthers vs Chicago Bears History
Last season, the Panthers and Bears did not face off head-to-head. When looking back over the last three times these two teams have played, the Bears have the leg up at 2-1. The Bears also had the edge vs. the spread in these games, at 2-1. These games averaged a combined total of 37 points per game, leading to an over/under record of 1-2.
- Across the Panthers’ last five road games, the team averaged 18 points per game while allowing 30. Their record vs. the spread in these contests was 1-4 while going 1-4 straight-up.
- In their last three home games, Chicago has averaged 23 points per game while allowing 24. The team’s record in this stretch was 1-2 while going 2-1.
- Looking back on the team’s last five games as the underdog, the Panthers have a straight-up record of 1-4. Their record vs the spread in these games was 1-4.
- Looking back on the team’s last ten games as the favorite, the Bears have a straight-up record of 7-3. Their record vs the spread in these games was 4-5-1.
- Justin Houston – Hamstring (Out)
- Tarik Cohen – Hamstring (Out)
- Shaq Thompson – Leg (Out)
- Henry Anderson – Foot (Out)
- Vonn Bell – Quadriceps (Probable)
- Marquis Haynes Sr. – Back (Questionable)
- DJ Chark Jr. – Elbow (Questionable)
- Xavier Woods – Thigh (Questionable)
- Ian Thomas – Calf (Out)
- Frankie Luvu – Hip (Probable)
- Ikem Ekwonu – Ankle (Probable)
- Raheem Blackshear – Ankle (Probable)
- Jaycee Horn – Hamstring (Out)
- Tommy Tremble – Shoulder (Probable)
- Brady Christensen – Bicep (Out)
- Laviska Shenault Jr. – Ankle (Questionable)
- Giovanni Ricci – Shoulder (Out)
- Stephen Sullivan – Shoulder (Questionable)
- Yetur Gross-Matos – Hamstring (Out)
- Brian Burns – Concussion/elbow (Questionable)
- CJ Henderson – Concussion (Questionable)
- Jeremy Chinn – Quad (Out)
- Luiji Vilain – Knee (Questionable)
- Chandler Wooten – Ankle (Questionable)
- Claudin Cherelus – Knee (Out)
- Tyrique Stevenson – Ankle (Probable)
- Terell Smith – Illness (Questionable)
- Josh Blackwell – Hamstring (Questionable)
- Jaquan Brisker – Concussion (Probable)
- Justin Fields – Right Thumb (Questionable)
- Nate Davis – Ankle (Questionable)
- Khari Blasingame – Concussion (Out)
- Cole Kmet – Knee (Questionable)
- Khalil Herbert – Ankle (Questionable)
- Equanimeous St. Brown – Hamstring (Questionable)
- Tremaine Edmunds – Knee (Questionable)
Keys To Victory: Carolina Panthers
Quarterback Bryce Young will try to lead the Panthers to a win despite being 3.5-point underdogs on the road. As a team, Carolina is averaging 17.5 points per game, placing them 26th in the NFL. This season, he has completed 63.9% of his passes, leading an average of 196 yards per game in the passing attack. Overall, he is 26th among QB’s in passing yards and 20th in attempts. Adam Thielen has been targeted 76 times this season and has caught 62 passes this season. He comes into the game with a total of 610 receiving yards. The Panthers have been running the ball an average of 24.5 times per game and currently hold the 24th spot in the league in rushing yards. Their average yards per rushing attempt is 3.9.
Keys To Victory: Chicago Bears
Quarterback Justin Fields will try to lead the Bears to a win despite being 3.5-point underdogs on the road. As a team, Chicago is averaging 20.9 points per game, placing them 19th in the NFL. For the season, Fields is averaging 200 passing yards per game through the air. This figure has him sitting 28th among quarterbacks. Fields comes in with a passer rating of 91.6 and is averaging 12.0 yards per completion. Against the Panthers, the team will look to get receiver DJ Moore involved in the passing game. This year, he is averaging 6.9 targets per game, leading to an overall receiving yards total of 735. The Bears are currently 4th in the NFL with 135.3 rushing yards per game. This has come on an average of 29.4 rushing attempts (9th).
- Across their three previous road games, Carolina has an ATS mark of 0-3. Their straight-up record in these matchups was 0-3 while averaging 24 points per game.
- In their last ten games at home, the Bears have a straight-up record of 2-8 while going 3-7 vs. the spread. The team averaged 20 points per game in this stretch.
- As the betting underdog, the Panthers have an ATS mark of just 2-7-1 in their last ten games. Carolina posted a straight-up mark of 2-8 in these matchups.
- Through their last five matchups as the betting favorite, the Bears have a good straight-up record, but their ATS mark is just 1-3-1.
- Chicago Bears 19 – Carolina Panthers 16