Non-Conference NFL Matchups
Point Spread: Falcons -3 | Total Points: 35.5
Heading into the game, the Falcons are the Falcons are the 4th ranked team in the NFC with a record of 4-3. Against other teams in the Conference, they have a mark of 3-2. In their previous game, the Falcons secured a victory against the Buccaneers by a score of 16-13. Despite being underdogs by 2.5, the Falcons both won outright and covered the spread. The under hit in the Falcons’ most recent game, as the teams combined for 29 points. The line going into the game was 37.5.
This week, the Titans will look to snap their current two-game losing streak with a victory over the Falcons. Heading into action, the team has a below .500 record of 2-4. The Titans will be looking to get back on track week following their 24-16 loss to the Ravens. In addition to their 8-point loss, the Titans also suffered a setback in their ATS record. They were 5.5-point underdogs at the start of the game. The under bettors were successful in the Titans’ most recent game, with a combined total of 40 points. The game’s betting line was 42.
Atlanta Falcons vs Tennessee Titans History
Heading into this week’s matchup, the Falcons have the edge in their recent matchups against Tennessee, going 2-1. In the last three games, Atlanta is averaging 14 points per game compared to 16 for the Titans.
- When looking at their past three road matchups, Atlanta has an ATS record of 1-2 while averaging 9 per game. The team went 1-2 overall in these games.
- In their last ten games at home, the Titans have a straight-up record of 3-7 while going 6-3-1 vs the spread. The team’s offense averaged 15 points per game in these contests.
- In their last three games as the betting underdog, the Titans have a straight-up record of 1-2 and an ATS mark of 1-2.
- Spanning across their last ten games as the betting favorite, the Falcons have gone 3-7 vs the spread. Their overall record in these games was 8-2.
- Tae Davis – Concussion (Questionable)
- Barry Wesley – Undisclosed (Out)
- Keilahn Harris – Undisclosed (Out)
- Ikenna Enechukwu – Leg (Out)
- Josh Ali – Ankle (Out)
- Troy Andersen – Arm (Out)
- Feleipe Franks – Foot (Out)
- Matt Hennessy – Knee (Out)
- Adetokunbo Ogundeji – Foot (Out)
- Avery Williams – Knee (Out)
- Parker Hesse – Undisclosed (Out)
- Ethan Greenidge – Leg (Out)
- Ryan Tannehill – Ankle (Questionable)
- Julius Chestnut – Hamstring (Out)
- Hassan Haskins – Undisclosed (Out)
- Mike Brown – Undisclosed (Out)
- Kearis Jackson – Ankle (Out)
- Caleb Farley – Back (Out)
- Josh Whyle – Concussion (Questionable)
- Shakel Brown – Ankle (Out)
- Aaron Brewer – Neck (Probable)
- Roger McCreary – Hamstring (Questionable)
- Taylor Stallworth – Undisclosed (Out)
Keys To Victory: Atlanta Falcons
The Atlanta offense will be looking to turn things around, as they are averaging just 16.4 points per game on average. In the league rankings, this has them 26th. Coming into this week’s game, Atlanta’s passing game is ranked 17th in passing yards. Additionally, they are positioned 20th in pass attempts, with an average of 32.7 passes per game. Points have been hard to come by for the team despite their success in the rushing game. So far, the Atlanta offense is not only near the top of the league in yards at 124.3 per game, but they are also an above-average team in terms of attempts.
Keys To Victory: Tennessee Titans
In what is projected to be a tightly contested game, Ryan Tannehill will be looking to put together a strong performance for a Tennessee offense ranked 23rd in points per game. For the season, Tannehill is averaging 188 passing yards per game through the air. This figure has him sitting 27th among quarterbacks. Tannehill comes in with a passer rating of 71.9 and is averaging 11.5 yards per completion. DeAndre Hopkins has been targeted 47 times this season and has caught 27 passes this season. He comes into the game with a total of 376 receiving yards. Looking at their ground game, the Titans have been carrying the ball an average of 24.2 times per game and are 19th in rushing yards. They have an average of 4.4 yards per rushing attempt.
- Through their last three road games, Atlanta has an ATS record of just 1-2. However, their overall record was 1-2 while averaging 9 points per game.
- Through their last ten home games, Tennessee has an ATS record of just 6-3-1. However, their overall record was 3-7 while averaging 15 points per game.
- Going back to their previous five games as the underdog, Tennessee has an ATS mark of 3-2 while going 2-3 straight up.
- As the betting favorite, the Falcons have an ATS mark of just 3-7 in their last ten games. Atlanta posted a straight-up mark of 8-2 in these matchups.
- Tennessee Titans 20 – Atlanta Falcons 17