NFC Conference Matchup
Point Spread: Falcons -1.5 | Total Points: 43
This week, the Falcons will look to snap their current two game losing streak with a victory over the Cardinals. Heading into action, the team has a below .500 record of 4-5. The Falcons will be looking to get back on track this week following their 31-28 loss to the Vikings. With the 3-point loss to the Vikings, the Falcons also took a loss vs. the spread as 3.5-point favorites. Heading into the game, the over/under line was 38.5 points. As they combined for 59 points, the over hit.
This week, the Cardinals will look to snap their current six-game losing streak with a victory over the Falcons. Heading into action, the team has a below .500 record of 1-8. In week 10, the Cardinals will be looking to recover from the 27-0 loss they suffered against the Browns. With their 27-point loss, the Cardinals also were handed a defeat on their ATS record. Going into the game, they were 12.5-point underdogs. In their most recent game against Cleveland, the pre-game over/under line was set at 38, leading the under to hit with a combined total of 27 points.
Atlanta Falcons vs Arizona Cardinals History
The Falcons and Cardinals faced off one-time last season with the Falcons picking up a 20-19 win. With their combined 39 points, the Falcons and Cardinals stayed below the over/under line of 40.5. The Cardinals covered the spread in this matchup. In the win, the Falcons racked up 298 yards of total offense compared to the Cardinals at 339. The Falcons rushed for 132 yards and threw for 166 in the game.
When looking back on the last three head-to-head matchups between Arizona and Atlanta, the Falcons hold the edge with a record of 2-1. Not only does the team have the better record, but they have won in convincing fashion, posting an average scoring differential of 9 points.
- Richie Grant – Neck (Questionable)
- David Onyemata – Ankle (Questionable)
- Barry Wesley – Undisclosed (Out)
- Ikenna Enechukwu – Leg (Out)
- DeMarcco Hellams – Hamstring (Questionable)
- Josh Ali – Ankle (Out)
- LaCale London – Knee (Out)
- Matt Hennessy – Knee (Out)
- Feleipe Franks – Foot (Out)
- Adetokunbo Ogundeji – Foot (Out)
- Avery Williams – Knee (Out)
- Parker Hesse – Undisclosed (Out)
- Drake London – Groin (Probable)
- Dee Alford – Ankle (Questionable)
- Troy Andersen – Arm (Out)
- Ethan Greenidge – Leg (Out)
- Mack Hollins – Ankle (Questionable)
- Grady Jarrett – Knee (Out)
- Zach Ertz – Quad (Out)
- D.J. Humphries – Ankle (Questionable)
- Pat Elflein – Hip (Out)
- James Conner – Knee (Questionable)
- Marlon Mack – Achilles (Out)
- Carlos Watkins – Bicep (Out)
- Elijah Wilkinson – Neck (Out)
- Will Hernandez – Knee (Questionable)
- Rashad Fenton – Undisclosed (Out)
- L.J. Collier – Bicep (Out)
- Trystan Colon – Calf (Questionable)
- Hayden Howerton – Undisclosed (Out)
- Michael Wilson – Shoulder (Questionable)
- Jon Gaines II – Knee (Out)
- Emari Demercado – Toe (Questionable)
- Matt Hembrough – Back (Out)
- Bobby Price – Undisclosed (Out)
- Ezekiel Turner – Hamstring (Questionable)
- Marco Wilson – Knee (Probable)
- Cameron Thomas – Illness (Probable)
- Geoff Swaim – Back (Questionable)
- Carter O’Donnell – Ankle (Questionable)
Keys To Victory: Atlanta Falcons
The Atlanta offense is currently ranked 25th in the league, averaging 18.4 points per contest. Taylor Heinicke enters the game ranked 38th among quarterbacks in passing yards. His passer rating, 84.2, places him 32nd at the position. Currently, he has completed 55.9% of his passes. The team has had their problems on offense despite being one of the better-rushing units in the NFL. On the season, Atlanta is averaging 124.4 yards per game on the ground, good for 9th in the league.
Keys To Victory: Arizona Cardinals
With an average of 16.8 points per contest, the Arizona offense currently ranks 28th in the league. For the Cardinals, quarterback Kyler Murray will be playing in his first game of the season and will look to kick things off with a big game. Points have been hard to come by for the team despite their success in the rushing game. So far, the Arizona offense is not only near the top of the league in yards at 127 per game, but they are also an above-average team in terms of attempts.
- When looking at their past five road matchups, Atlanta has an ATS record of 1-4 while averaging 12 per game. The team went 1-4 overall in these games.
- Through their last five home games, Arizona has an ATS record of just 1-4. However, their overall record was 0-5 while averaging 10 points per game.
- Looking back on the team’s last ten games as the underdog, the Cardinals have a straight-up record of 1-9. Their record vs the spread in these games was 4-6.
- Spanning across their last three games as the betting favorite, the Falcons have gone 0-3 vs the spread. Their overall record in these games was 0-3.
- Arizona Cardinals 21 – Atlanta Falcons 18